The Tiniest Lifeboat, Full Of People I Know

Nico

We had a new demigod. And by new, I mean he's apparently been here before and he was 17 even though he was supposed to be like 25.

His name was Luke Castellan, he was the son of Hermes, and he was hot.

And I don't mean like your typical everyday hot. I'm talking like dreamy boy hot. The only thing that wasn't going for him was this nasty scar he had on his face. He looked a lot like Jason and Octovain. But like— hotter. And older. He was Percy's age. I'm not apologizing for any of this. Because Will thinks he's hot, too.

But he's been here for a few weeks now, and girls are all over him as expected. Summer was starting. Thalia was here as all of the hunt was, and she's talking with her brother, Piper, and Leo. And Leo has a major crush on this guy as Calypso dumped him after they got bad. Poor dude. But she's gone. Nobody knows what happened to her.

Whatever. Hazel, Frank, Will, and myself join them. Eventually Percy, Annabeth, and Grover join all of us. I honestly believe that Jason gets jealous over Grover and Percy. How close they are as friends and all. And it's kind of hilarious.

And Luke came up.

"So we got this new dude a couple weeks ago," Jason explained. "Everyone loves him and what not. But I don't think he's actually 'new.'"

"Why not?" Annabeth questioned.

"Okay, just because he's older—" Leo tried to defend Luke being new and all. Which he wasn't. And I don't know how I know that, but the name just sounds familiar and he looks like somebody I knew at some point in time.

"He knew Clarisse, though. And the Stolls," Jason tried to explain to us. "The Stolls— who never leave camp. Ever. And Clarisse— who left here in August and he showed up here like 3 weeks ago."

"It's just a small world sometimes." Percy stated," I mean, Tyson knew all three of us as good friends when he came here. Rachel knew most of us. Just because he's here later than them doesn't mean anything. What's his name? Has he been claimed?"

"That's weird, though." Leo agreed to that," he hasn't been claimed, but he already knows his dad. He's a kid of Hermes. If he was claimed, we missed it. But I don't think he was."

"What's his name?" Annabeth asked.

"Um... Luke," Frank answered her question. They've been here for a few days. They've met him. "Luke Castellan. He's a nice guy. Your guy's age, like 17, maybe 18. He's right over there."

Frank points out Luke to all of us, as he was talking to the Stolls, which are his brothers. Half brothers.

The look that came to Thalia and Annabeth was murderous.

"We'll be back..."

Luke notices and he saw them and looked kind of... Terrified. But he stood ground, his brothers running away.

Percy, Grover, and Will just watched. Laughing when Thalia gave Luke a red mark with the palm of her hand— slapping him.

"She just... That's not funny." Piper defended Luke's side. Although, he wasn't even mad about getting slapped.

"No, you're right," Percy backed on her statement," it's hilarious."

"And you're an asshole." Leo was quick to defend Luke, of course. "That's unnecessary violence. She slapped him for no reason!"

"Oh, shut up, Leo." Will was quick to defend Thalia, though. "Just because you don't know the reason doesn't mean there isn't one. There's a long running reason, she's wanted to slap him for years. At least she didn't kill him, okay? He's eye candy to you. You've never actually spoken with him before."