Chapter 6

PETER’S POV

I watched Emma and her crew hike through the forest, completely unaware as to where they were going, through my telescope.  I shook my head and lowered it.

“Look at them go.  So determined to find their missing friend.”  I said.

“Speaking of that friend, what should we do with Neal?”  Felix asked.  I looked over at him briefly, and then back to where I was looking before.

“It’s time to move him.  Take him to the Echo Cave.”  I ordered, Felix then walked over and helped a few of the Lost Boys get Baelfire’s cage down.  “The game is about to get interesting.”  I said, almost to myself.

“Why’re you moving Baelfire’s cage?”  I heard Athena ask from behind me.  I turned around to face her.  She put her hands on her hips.  “I asked Felix but he said to ask you.”  She added.

“Just another step.”  I replied.

“Ok.  This affects our game how exactly?”  She asked.

“Well, I am getting the Lost Boys to move him to the Echo Caves.  The reason I am doing this, is because Emma and her group have taken the bait of Baelfire, or Neal as they know him, being alive, and they are coming after him.”  I said.  She frowned and looked at me sceptically.  I rolled my eyes and sighed.  “If they want to set him free, they’ll each have to tell their darkest secret.  ‘The deeper the lie, the more truth in it’s echo.”  I said.  A spark of realisation flew across her face.

“You’re going to try and make them destroy themselves from within.”  She said.  I nodded.

“Exactly.  Even if it doesn’t destroy them, it will shake their faith in each other.”  I told her.

“Oh the cleverness of you.”  She replied with a smirk on her face.  I laughed.

“Oh the cleverness of me.”  I repeated.

“Wanna go and hear their secrets?”  She asked, a smirk on her face.

“That might be a good idea.”  I replied.  “See what they’re hiding.” 

With that, we both teleported to the echo caves. 

ATHENA’S POV

Peter and I watched them enter the cave, about to face the test of the echo caves.  Once they were inside we waited behind some bushes at the entrance.  We could hear them, but they couldn’t see us.

“Emma!”  I heard Baelfire call.

“Neal.”  She whispered.

“Must be 100 feet across.”  Mary Margret observed.  That’s the point.  I thought.

“Even if we fashion some sort of rope, there’s nothing to attach it to.”  David said.

“So what do we do?”  Emma asked

“I told you what needs to be done.” Hook replied “Consider this the moment of truth, literally.”  He turned around.  “Now, who wants to kick things off?”  He asked.

“So what?  Someone tells their secret and they sprout wings?”  Emma asked sarcastically.

“I don’t know the particulars, only what I’ve been told.”  Hook replied.

“How do you know it’ll work?”  David asked.

“There’s only one way to find out I suppose.”  Hook said.  “I kissed Emma.”  He revealed.