21. Surprise

Finally,that day came in front of Nandini on which she has to be very strong.She got ready in her bridal wear and looked herself in mirror.

"Ab Nandu...nothing can be normal...ab tak acting karthi aayi ho...u have to continue that...because that's ur punishment for being late...late in life..."She thought and wiped the traces of tears.

She headed down to the mandap when she was called.When she sat beside the groom bending her head down,her heart and eyes searched for Manik.

"Kya Manik aayenge...??Shayad usko itni himmath nahi hongi ki meri shaadi kisi aur ke saath dhekh sake.."She thought.

Pandit called her dad for kanyadan and he came forward to hand over his daughter to a person who has to see her as his princess from now on.He happily placed her hand on his hand and then she sensed HIS presence.

Her two eyes searched everywhere and her heart said that HE is somewhere around.But she could only find Dhruv.Her questioning and waiting eyes got an answer when Dhruv bent his head down unable to do anything.

"Manik...I can feel ur presence...agar aap yahi kahi honge toh plz mere saamne math aayiye...I can't do this marriage looking at ur eyes.."She thought and her cried at her fate.

Then came pheras.From then onwards,her heart and mind stopped working and her mind was blank.She can't think and can't even cry.She is in such a dilemma that no one could clear it.

Pandit gave sindhoor and mangalsutra to groom who is in flower pagdi.He placed sindhoor on her hairline and tied mangalsutra around the neck of a lost Nandini.

The couple took blessings from all the elders and Amms,as usual,instructed Nandini to behave well in her in-laws house.She bent her head down all this while and kept mum until she reached her sasuraal.

Her mother-in-law made her gruhapravesh and said "Nandu beta...U might be tired na..and it's already too late..so we'll continue the remaining rituals in the morning..go and take rest beta.."

She herself took her to HER room.

The room was beautifully decorated with rose petals and the king sized bed is covered with hangings of flowers.It is with dim lights and so she couldn't have a clear look at the entire room.She sat on the bed and thought "Ab tak Manik meri life se chala gaya...ab se memories se bhi nikalni chahiye...Because...It would be a very big cheat on my husband...if I'm gonna share my life having someone else's memories in my mind..."

Her thoughts interrupted when the door opened with a bang and closed with a thud.And there stood Manik.Her eyes bulged out looking at him when he bolted the door.

Nan-Manik...aap...?? Aap yahaaa..???

Manik took steps forward and said "bas ek baar thujhe dhekhnaa tha..."

Nan-Manik..plz chale jayiye yaha se...koi aa jayega...

Ma-I don't care Nandu...I wanna talk to u...

Nan-Manik...plz try to understand...koi dhekh liya toh acha nahi lagega...plz chale jayiye..and ab kya bacha hai baath karne ke liye...mein kisi aur ki biwi bann chuki hu Manik..

She said in panic and some sadness while Manik is expressionless.

Ma-Acha...kisi aur ki biwi bann gayi hoo...?? Theek hai...what's ur husband's name...??

He asked in a straight tone.She looked at him as she has no answer and bent her head down looking at her hands.

Ma-Ab kya mehendi mein doondogi...??

He asked sarcastically and she lifted her head up to give an angry glare at him.

Ma-What...??tch tch tch Nandu...tumhe apne pathi ka naam nahi patha...!!!!????? Very bad Nandu..very bad...

She couldn't understand the sudden change in his tone.He continued "Kya hua...?? Mein batau...??"

She looked at him in surprise with a frown on her face.He smirked and said "Shall I tell u...??? Mrs.NANDINI..MANIK MALHOTRA"

Ignore mistakes...

#HappyBirthdayParth

Lots of love...😚