33. Slight Romance

Mukthi and Harshad's marriage got fixed after one month.

One fine day after engagement,Mukthi called Nandini early in the morning.

Muk-Nandu...I need ur help...

She said in a worried tone while Nandini was busy in setting their room and Manik was already off to office.

Nan-Acha...bolo...what help..??

Muk-U have to help in everything yaar...

Nan-Means...??

Muk-I have to learn cooking and wearing sarees and all and doing all the household things and ...

Nan-Mukthi...relax...what happened to u all of a sudden...??

Muk-One month mein marriage hai yaar...And I have to get prepared na...atleast know the basics na...to enter ur typical family...

She giggled.

Nan-Acha...Did Bhai ask to u learn all these...??

Muk-No...Actually...yes...but...He hasn't forced me...I wanted to learn...plz yar..help me with this...In short..mujhe tum jaisa bann na hai...plzzz...

Nan-Ohk done...Come here...I'll teach u everything...daily one task..ok...??

Muk-Haa but...will it be ok...??like everyday...coming there...

Nan-Mukthi...Manik treats u like his sister...and don't u feel him like ur brother...??

Muk-of course I do yaar...

Nan-Then...come over here...

She convinced Mukthi and hung the call.She turned around to see Manik staring at her with a proud smile.He silently hugged her and took his file for which he came back and went in a hurry.She smiled to herself and waited for Mukthi.

Soon Mukthi turned up and they both explored kitchen and Nandini taught her how to cook,starting from Harshad's favorite dishes.

...

After one month...

Haldi and Mehendi functions went well according to the rituals.Even though her parents are aware of her marriage,they hasn't turned up and said they would attend her wedding.

Manik's parents did all the rituals to Mukthi like their own daughter and she was over whelmed with happiness for god gifted parents and brothers.

...

All are practicing for sangeet ceremony and Manik was staring at Nandini who was happily practicing the little steps,folding his hands  and leaning on the nearest wall.She felt his gaze and came towards him after a while.Still Manik was staring at the same place and she understood that he was seeing the smile on Mukthi's face.

Nan-Manik...Aise kya dhekh rahe ho aap...???

Manik still looking at the happy couple,said "Kaash...kaash ur family accepted our love too..and we would have also married so happily...like this na..."

She got back to those days and she just held Manik's hand tightly and said "Manik...It's ok...that was our fate..."

"Nandu...I'm sorry...I'm not blaming ur family alone...Atleast I should have told u and really we would have had a happy marriage..."He said slowly still staring at them.

"Manik...Plzz...Don't blame urself...That's ok...Even that was a different experience...trill...and what matters is happy married life,not a happy marriage...So plz...chodiye na wo sab baatein...chaliye...Let's dance..."She tried to cheer him up.