Day 1

Aisling's POV
"You will all have to fill up this booklet. Your partners for this project are right next to you. The booklet will have all questions related to books you have been assigned to read. You will have 4 days to complete this project." As soon as our English teacher, Mr Jared announces this, everyone groans including me.

"This booklet constitutes 75% of your grades in your mid terms." He continues. "I know, I know you all hate me more now but if if you have read all the books I assigned, which I believe you have not, it ought to be a piece of cake." He says and starts distributing the booklets.

I turn to Jacob, who sits next to me in English. "Yours or mine?" I ask.

"Let's go to mine, Billy is waiting to meet you." He says smiling.

I smile back to the insanely hot guy who wants me to meet his father. "I'll pick you up at 4?" He asks stuffing his booklet in to his bag. "Kay, bye." I wave and make my way to the exit.

It had been exactly two months since I moved to Forks to be with my family here. I thought school would be a disaster but Jacob makes it a tad bit better. Actually, a whole lot better.

"So, going to his place?" Edward smirks smugly as I make my way to his car.

"I told you not to read my mind." I huff, annoyed.

"Can't help that I'm a vampire with a gift of reading minds." He says smugly.

I punch him and regret it. Pain shoots up my hands and arms.

"Motherfucker." I curse.

He chuckles.

I roll my eyes. He opens the car door for me and I get in still cussing, while holding my injured hand.

-

"Why'd you have to punch him?" Carlisle scolds me while inspecting my hand.

"Who told him to read my mind?" I whine.

"That's something he cannot not do." Carlisle says being the reasonable one.

I sigh and groan at the pain of moving my fingers.

"It'll be fine. It's just a little bruising." Carlisle assures me.

"Ais, I'm sorry for being insanely strong and hard while you're fragile." Edward apologises sarcastically, laughing.

I roll my eyes.

-

I brush my hair slowly not wanting to hurt my hand even more. A little bit of concealer, tinted lip balm and a spray of mist. I finally look alive.

My phone rings and flashes Jacob on the screen.

"Coming right out." I say picking up the phone.

I take my bag and rush down.

"Be home soon." I hear Emmett yelling from his room.

"Okay!" I yell back.

-

I put on Jacob's helmet and get on his bike.
"Hold on tight." He says and starts his bike.

I engulf my arms, conscious of my injured hand, around his body feeling his hard chest and six pack on my arms. Life is very good.

This is the first time I've been to La Push, his area. It's beautiful.

His house is huge and classy. A chandelier hangs above us just as we walk in.

"Billy, this is Aisling." Jacob introduces me to his father who's in a wheelchair ever since his unfortunate accident.