Cliff Diving

Aisling's POV
We are sprawled in Jake's garage filling the last page of the booklet. It has been a great day as it's a public holiday.

We decide not to procasinate and fill it up. As he writes the last word, I feel a huge burden fall off my shoulders.

We walk out of the garage hand in hand, leaving the booklet inside with all our supplies. The sun hangs overhead and shines brightly. It is a very hot day.

We go to the cliff where I met Quil and Embry and sit there.

A small breeze cools our hot bodies.

I feel a little queasy knowing we are atleast 20 feet above the ground.

Jake notices and asks,"Heights?"

I nod. "Heights, ocean."

"Ocean?"

"Sharks to be precise."

He smiles.

"You trust me?" He asks.

"Depends."

He chuckles.

He takes my hand and leads me towards the end of the cliff.

I look down and see the waves crashing on the huge rocks.

I feel a little dizzy.

"Want to cliff dive?" He asks.

I look at him in a 'are you crazy' way.

"No."

"It's fun. We do it all the time. You close your eyes and dive. It's thrilling." He says.

"What if I hit the rocks."

"I won't let that happen."

"What if I drown?"

"I'll rescue you."

"Trust me, you'll love it." He continues.

Part of me wants to scream and run away but a bigger part of me wants to do it.

"Okay." I say. He takes off his shirt.

He smiles and puts his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

My heart wants to jump out of my body. I close my eyes tightly.

"One, two three." He says and we jump.
It's just seconds of feeling the violent wind blowing and falling until my body hits the water. It felt like I was flying.

The first thing I realise is the coldness of the water. It's icy cold. I feel an arm grab my body.

"Ais." Jake says pulling me to him.

"THAT WAS AWESOME!"I yell.

Jake chuckles. "Told ya. Now let's get out of here, you're shivering."

My body is numb due to the cold water and the wind blowing makes it worse. The sun has gone away. Jake has me wrapped in his huge body as we walk to his house.

His body feels strangely warm. It should have been cold and wet from the cold water.

He gives me his shirt and trousers to wear. I hang my wet clothes outside, hiding my undergarments in the clothes.

The shirt is too big and covers my body up to my thighs. He hands me a towel to dry my hair. Jake has changed his trousers yet he doesn't have any shirt on.

"Aren't you cold?" I ask him.

"Strangely, no. It's kind of hot."

I check his forehead and it's burning hot.

"Fever." I say.

"No, I don't feel sick at all." He says.

"You will if you don't rest. Lie down." I say and taking him to his bed, making him lie down.

"Don't want to sleep." He grumbles and pouts.

"You have to." I say sternly.

"Only if you sleep with me." He says and pulls me close next to him.

"You're such a baby." I say.

"Shut up."

I snuggle closer to his warm, hard body, breathing in his sweet scent.

"I love you." He whispers after quite a while.

"Mmm." I mumble, already sinking into sleep.

-

I wake up in a sweat. It's very hot. I look up to find Jake sweating while sleeping. I panic. His fever must have worsened. His body feels like I could cook an egg there.

His forehead feels like hot burning coal against my skin.

I go around his house searching for a small towel to place on his forehead.

"Aisling." I hear Billy.

"Thank god, you're here. Jake, he just got really, really warm. I think he must have fever or something." I say.

I see a tiny look of panic in Billy's eyes which is quickly replaced by something else.

"Jacob is quite prone to fevers. It's nothing. Once he takes his medicines, he's all right." Billy says moving his wheelchair to a drawer.

He takes out a pack of medicines.

I calm a bit but something inside me says it's not just fever.

"Hey." Jake says and comes out of his room.
I rush to him.

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, just a little hot but hey that's me." He jokes.

I check his forehead to find the same burning sensation against my skin.

"He's going to be fine. He just needs some rest and medicine, Aisling." Billy says.

"Get some rest, Jake. I'll go." I say.

"Okay, I guess. But I'm okay, Ais." He says, looking into my eyes.

"Let me take you home." He says.

I shake my head. "You rest, I'll call Emmett or Edward."

He hesitates but I get him to lie down and take his medicines.

Kissing him on his forehead, I bid goodbye to him and Billy. I take my dry clothes and stuff into my bag along with the booklet. I call Emmett to get me.

He arrives after a minute.

"Car?" I ask him.

"Would have been slower. Have a match to watch." He says, placing me on his back effortlessly.

"What's up with the fashion choice?"

"It's trending right now."

I can feel his body shake with laughter.

"Hold on tight." He says and sprints. The woods is just a blur. My head spins a little at the speed he's running.

A/N
Enjoy!!
   -Simran