2 House Guest

Gif attached on the top/side of Joseph being cute

"Why on Earth is there American soil beneath my feet?" Francis walks into the apartment, his thick Scottish accent carrying with him. "At least this flat has more area to run from my annoying brat of an older sister." He adds overly optimistically. I watch as he runs his fingers through his short wavy blonde hair, his matching freckles and darker blue eyes meeting mine.

"I hope by 'annoying brat of a sister's you're referring to Merida." The eldest sibling says, Penelope. Her bark red brown hair was in smooth ringlets, less unruly Than mine and Francis. And her eyes were dark instead of light but her cheeks were still sprinkled slightly with freckles.

"Our sister has been across the world for a month and all you've done is insult her." Bastian doesn't carry in his bag like the rest of them. Instead he had compelled someone else to do it. He grabs the poor bloke by the shirt and then makes the compelled lad meet his eyes. "Now unpack our things and buy us beds. We aren't going to very well sleep on the floors are we?" He sneers, and the man nods blankly before leaving out the door into the hall. Sebastian turns to me, smiling and pulls me into a hug. I laugh and hug him back.

When I pull away I address them all. "Elijah has invited us all to dinner at their home tonight." I pause. "We should be thankful for their hospitality, and I expect you all to dress appropriately for your audience." I look pointedly at Francis. He scoffs.

"You wore lingerie to a funeral last year!" His objection was clear. My jaw goes slack and I gape at him.

"I did not! That was a dress!" I argue.

"Silence." Penelope snaps. "Five minutes and you two are already bickering like dogs over the last scrap of food. It did look like lingerie, Merida. And you," The eldest sibling slaps her dark gaze to our littlest brother. "do as your sister said. Dress appropriately. At least be clean."

Francis huffs, grabbing his bag with attitude and skulking off in the direction of the bedrooms. Knowing him, he'd use this opportunity to set his stuff into the largest bedroom. I wanted to run down the hallway and beat him too it, but I held myself back.

"The dinner is at six." I tell the rest of who were there. Penelope shrugs as though she didn't care and then walks off, following the direction Francis disappears in.

"We're all jet lagged." Sebastian excuses their behavior. "We've been stuck in a plane together for several hours." He adds. I nod, not needing an explanation. I notice his usually combed brunette hair was slightly unkept and his dark eyes were tired.

"Get some sleep then, Bash." I suggest but he shakes his head.

"I want to see the city." My older brother decides. "If I sleep now I'll never tonight." He twists the bulky gothic ring on his finger. "We've got to begin drinking Vervain again."

"I'll find some today." I promise. "We'll have it before the dinner."

---

I look in the mirror. The white dress making me look more innocent than I was. I cross my arms, and can sense my little brother in the doorway of my new room. "Do you think they'll have a blood feast?" I ask him, pursing my lips and turn in the mirror. "If so, I don't think this dress will do. Blood stains, after all."

"If I remember the Mikaelsons they'll have a platter of dead people waiting for us." Francis replies, his voice holding everything but excitement for the next coming hours. I look down at the dress again, and sigh.

"Well, I suppose I'll wear black then." I decide, walking to the side to change. I glance at my little brother as I do, who was looking around the mostly empty room. I hadn't unpacked yet. Or put sheets on my bed or did much of anything.