Prologue

Narrator's POV

~The Kingdom of Liones~

A young armored man walks down the street nervously with a shaking hand on his blade. The scene in front of him was devastating. Buildings were destroyed, rubble was everywhere, and all was quiet. He looks around scared searching for any survivors, but alas, finds none. He keeps walking until he is called..."Hey!" The man freaks and turns around to see a guard. "You there boy, give me a hand over here," the guard shouts at him. "The young man runs over to him shakenly and follows him down an alley.

"So, where are you from?" "Cains, sir."

"Cains huh? I've been serving this kingdom for over forty years now and I've never heard of the place." "That's not surprising, sir. It's way out in the boonies." The soldier looks at and states, "Now you mustn't get flustered if you want to be a holy knight apprentice." The young man looks back at him. "Hehe, I couldn't be a holy knight apprentice in a million years," he says nervously.

"Then this might be a rough job for a young man like you." The young man looks forward eyes widening.

"H-huh, who are these-" "Holy Knights one and all." The man steps back saying "What happened to everyone. I don't understand." "What happened?" The old man starts to get angry. "They were all mercilessly butchered in a blink of an eye by just eight people."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a tale of ancient times...

An era before the human and non-human worlds were forever divided

When the Holy Knights defended the realm

Wielding their magical powers

They were feared and highly respected

But among them,

A group emerged that betrayed the kingdom

And became mortal enemies of all Holy Knights

They were known throughout the land as....

THE EIGHT DEADLY SINS