Epilogue

Recap:

"The smoke disperses and standing in Hawk's place is his corpse toppled over."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) POV

"Hawk... no." Meliodas stands pulling the spear from my chest and helps me up. "How did this happen," Ellie cries. I kneel next to his body and place a hand on him. "Come on porkchop wake up." Tear start to build in my eyes. "To think your lives were spared because of a lowly farm animal. Talk about bad luck." "Bad luck, never." Ellie moves next to me. "Hawk, please wake up. Say something, anything. You can't leave us like this." She falls over his body screaming and crying. "You killed him. You killed the master." Ban slams his fist into the ground. "He has nothing but good in his heart and you killed him. BASTARD!!" Tears build up in his eyes.

I stroke Elizabeth's hair, then move to stand next to Meliodas anger stirring inside me. "You won't get another chance." "Hendrickson. That's it, you've started-" "-to piss us off!" I raise my head my eyes a swirling black and red. A bright green light suddenly shines behind us and blast Hendrickson back a few feet. The light turns into a beam and shoots into the air as dust of light sprinkle down. "Where is this power coming from?"

The ground around us sprouts grass and flowers. "What a bother, it seems the blood of the druid priestess has awakened, Apostle of the Goddesses." I turn around in shock. Elizabeth has the green light surrounding her and her right eye has turned orange spewing a symbol. "What happened to Elizabeth's eye?" "She's so powerful."

"I'm so disappointed in what you've become Hendrickson. My father put so much faith in you because you were so much kinder and gentler than anyone else because you had the trust of the kingdom and the Holy Knights. What happened to that person? You've killed so many others. What did you want that meant sacrificing yourself?" "The resurrection of the demon race and revenge on the four clans that sealed us away after the ancient war," he explained.

"Revenge?" "What does he mean?" "This isn't Hendrickson talking anymore." "It's whatever's inside of him," I finish. "Now, all I need is the blood of an Apostle of the Goddesses." Hendrickson crosses his arms and summons more dark power. "Not good." "We can't another attack." "It will kill every single one of us."

"Don't do this. You can't." "Dark nebula." Hendrickson sends the rising blast. "I won't let you hurt anyone else!" The light emitting from Ellie surges forward attacking Hendrickson's power decimating it. I feel a warm feeling surround me and see all my wounds are fully healed. "Ellie." Other holy knights rise looking better than before and the field is covered with flowers.

"Where's this light coming from? Sir Meliodas?" "Don't worry, I'm right here." Diane and the others stand behind us. "Sir Meliodas? Everyone? What happened to all your injuries?" Diane crouches over. "Elizabeth, you mean you don't know?" "Oh, Ellie."

"What about Hawk? Is he okay too?" I glance around seeing Hawk and the others aren't moving. "No...no." Elizabeth sways and collapses into Meli's arms. "Elizabeth!" Margaret runs over. "Take her," Meliodas says giving Ellie to her sister. "(Y/N)." "Already on it." I put a double shield around Ellie and her sister. "Oh yeah, nothing will break this baby...thank you Ellie," I say, whispering the last part.

We turn and face Hendrickson as he gets up from the ground. "What an impotent little girl. I should have taken her blood and disposed of her long ago." I growl. "Watch your mouth, you bastard." The Holy Knights rise from their spots and pull out their weapons. "I'm glad we're not dead now, but this still puts us in a bad spot." "We can't take him out." "Stand your ground," Gil shouts. He raises his lance higher but begins to shake. Hendrickson smirks and moves in to take Gilthunder out but is intercepted by Meliodas kicking him in the face pushing him back. He rushes over and punches him hard in the stomach creating a dent and knocking him to the ground.