Chapter Nine

Recap:

"I promise you, for the sake of the person who always fought at my side. This war has been raging for 3,000 years, but I'll end it once and for all."

~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hey, is this a good spot Captain." "Yeah, it's a little far from town, but it will do if we can do some promoting." We just arrived at the far edge of the town of Ordon. Meliodas and Ellie are outside with Diane riding me and Hawk asleep on the stairs. Ban and King are probably still asleep.

"Thank you, Hawk's mom. Diane, you should get some rest, you too (Y/N)," Ellie tells us. "Sure, I can use a good rest." "I'll catch some shut-eye before the tavern opens." Diane climbs off my back as I lay down curling up. Diane rests her head on me. "Good night you guys." Diane falls asleep on me as I just rest enjoying the weather listening to everything around me.

Hawks mom burrows into the ground as the others head inside. "Alright, let's get this tavern running. Us males will handle the food. Elizabeth, you head into town and spread the word and pick up some herbs." "Sure." "Hawk go with her for support." "That's fun and all, but do you think she'll be fine." "I'm capable of going shopping." "I know, but the holy knights are still after you." "Oh."

I chuckle at the two and then yawn. Feeling my eyes getting heavy, I close them falling asleep for a moment.

My eyes open when I hear the door open. I look over to see everyone outside and Ellie wearing a shawl. "I'm going now." "Kay, be careful," Meli says waving. I watch her leave. "Be safe Ellie." "I will."

I look over at the guys to see what they're doing. Ban yawns falling back to sleep, "Do I have to?" "Ban, King, first one to catch the biggest game is the winner." Ban snaps out of it cracking his knuckles. "I got this." I snort. "Huh, Captain you're not using a weapon." "I'll make it work somehow." "Hehe, see ya losers." Ban takes off into the forest, King and Meliodas following behind. I roll my eyes and go back to sleep.

~~~~~Later~~~~~~~

Diane and I are awake and training as Ellie comes back with Hawk. Diane's using her sacred treasure and I'm in my wolf form. "Hey guys, have fun?" "The trip was interesting," Hawk says. "Is Sir Meliodas and the others back yet?" Diane shakes her head. "No, I'm worried though. It never takes them this long hunting." "Maybe they caught something good," exclaims Hawk. "Maybe." Ellie heads inside while Hawk sits by the stairs.

Diane and I go back to training. She swings her hammer back and forth as I dodge only for my mind to wander and I get hit on the side. "Oh (Y/N), I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I get up shaking my fur. "I'm fine." She places her hammer down. "Are you sure you okay, your dodges are getting sloppy. Usually, I never get a hit against you." I sit on my hind legs and sigh. "No, ever since the incident at Vaizel, my mind's been wandering." She sits down. "You wanna talk about it." I lay down next to her. "When Ban told me what happened when I was unconscious, I couldn't believe it. To know I went into that form, I mean I could have hurt you all and Ban, to know he still loves me with knowing for years what I am and the past we have confuses me even more."

"Well, honestly I envy the relationship you and Ban have." "Envy?" "Mhm, to know you have someone that still loves you for who you are and not care what your kind is, that's real love right there." I look up at her. "I don't know your guys' past and I won't question it, but I do know he has this deep hatred for demons and to know that he loves you even though you're half of one and you went into the form proves it. He showed back in Vaizel when you woke up." I give her a wolfy smile and nudge her leg. "Thanks, Dee." She pets my fur and gives me a closed eye smile. "Of course, that's what friends are for."