~ Chapter 44 ~

"Taylor?" I bowed my head comfirming his question. A smile broke on to his face but it didn't quite reach his eyes, he walks forward and gently rubs my ear, making me growl softly in happiness "I've missed you" He whispers, I let out a whine at the tone of his voice, he sounded so broken.

I took a step back, I turn my head to the bush telling him I wanted to change back. He nods understanding me and handed me my clothes, I watch him walk away and sit down on the chair swing Sam had bought for Emily. I let out a sigh and phased back, pulling on a the shorts and sports bra I was handed. I took a deep breath, my hands began to sweat, I was scared of his reaction, scared that he wouldn't understand the reasons why I left him; maybe he will now that he has phased. I stepped out of the bushes, my eyes firmly on the young boy a little away from me, he had grown so much, I hoped that he would still want me in his life "Collin" Tears filled my eyes, my voice cracked as I said his name. Collin looks up and stares at me, I was waiting for him to shout at me, maybe even get angry enough to phase.

What I wasn't expecting was his body to collide with mine. I let out a sob and fell to the ground, my hands wrapped around his neck as I pulled him closer "Oh baby boy" I sobbed out, my heart broke at the sound of Collin crying, I kissed the top of his head "Sshh" I whispered, my hand moved to stroke his hair "I'm never going to leave you again" Collin moves away and looks me in the eyes, my hand came to rest on his cheek, wiping away the tears.

"Promise?" He whispers, my heart once again broke, he was so young and he had gone through a big change.

"I promise little Collin" I said and pulledhim back into my arms. After a couple of seconds we both pulled away, I stood up and held out my hand; which he took. I led him back over to Emily's chair swing "I guess we better talk about everything" Collin nods in agreement "First thing first" I spoke up "Do you understand what has happened to you"

"I do" He whispers looking anywhere but me "I turn into a wolf, we are protectors of the tribe just like the legends say" I nod my head, I could it was going to take a while for him to accept the changes "Paul said there will be a bonfire soon"

I let out a hum "We always have a bonfire when a new member joins, we talk about the legends and what it to be expected and then have food and fun with the pack" I smiled as Collin faces me "It's a all night thing"

Collin nods and looks to his lap, I let out a sigh as he began playing with his zipon his shorts "Sam sa-" He pauses a moment, he raises his head to look at me, I could see tears in his eyes "Sam said I couldn't hang out with Brady anymore" He took a deep breath "He showedme what happened with Emily, is that why youhad to leave me?"

I gulped and nodded my head, my fingers began to play with the bottom of my hair; I was nervous about this converstion "It is" I looked deeply into his eyes "I didn't want to leave you" I moved my hands to place them on his "I wa-s" I cleared my throat "I was planning on having you move in with me and Paul" Collin looks at me in shock, then it completely changed, he was once again in tears.

"Really?" He croaked out.

"Really" I smile softly at him, tears of my own began to fall down my cheek "Would you" I pause a moment, would he still want to live with me? I am not having him going back to that excuse of a mother, he could live with one of the guys but I wanted him with me and Paul "Would you like to come and live with us?" I blurted out "I mean, I don't want you to go back to that awful women if you don't want to go with me I'm sur-"

"Momma Taylor!" My eyes widen in shock, he called me my nick name. I know he did it when we where phased but he was scared and upset. . . . He actually forgives me "I would love to stay with you" I let out a laugh "Thank you" I smile warmly at him and gathered himin my arms.

"Anything for you baby boy" I hugged him tightly "I'm never ever going to let you out of my sight again"

Collin chuckles and rolls his eyes as he pulls away "Taylor" He whines making me giggle, he cheeks went red "I can look after myself you know"

I turn my head to a side "I know but that doesn't mean I can't protect you and love you" He gives me a watery smile.

"I love you too momma Taylor" I lean forward and place a kiss on his head, making him whine in protest "I'm not a baby Taylor"

"Your always going to be a baby in my eyes little Collin" I sassed him, making him chuckle "Well, lets get going" I stood up "Lets go tell the others that we are going" I went to walk to the house but was stopped by Collin.

"I'll do it" I nod my head and watched him rush into the house, I waited a few moments before the young boy came back, he smiles at me and take my hand "Let's go" He beams at me.

I shook my head a laugh fell from my lips "So" I started out "What have you been up to since the last time I saw you?" I asked him, I listened as he talk about the good time with his friend and school and even the bad times with his mother.

She was going to get it from me someday. However for now my life was perfect, I had a handsome imprint, an amazing pack and brother and now Collin.

Nothing was going to ruin that. . . .