Chapter 23

Rush

Watching her hesitate to enter my room had to be the worst feeling I had felt the entire day. It was written all over her face though. I knew exactly what she was thinking and I wanted to reassure her but she stared at the floor like entering my room was the worst thing ever.

"I've never brought a girl to my room before," I said casually. "You were the only girl who's stepped inside my room since we were kids."

"You want me to believe that no girl, even in high school has entered your bedroom?" she asked me in disbelief.

I shook my head and she glanced inside my room. My room was nothing special. It hadn't really changed since we had been kids except the décor.

I put my hands on her shoulders and gave her a slight push, sending her stumbling into my room. She straightened and looked around the room, recognition lighting up her face. She knew it was pretty much the same. Same white washed walls, wooden study table and book shelf with books neatly stacked. A king sized bed with black and grey sheets and a small bed side table with a lamp against one wall with a floor to ceiling window on one side of it and a small entryway which led to the bathroom in front of it. In other words, my room showed nothing about my personality. No pictures, except one family picture on the table and no posters.

"Are you done analyzing my room?" I asked her politely and she turned to look at me. She shrugged and I closed the door, bolting the locks.

"My room doesn't have a lock," she said softly and I chuckled.

"I fixed it on myself," I told her. "Mom hated locks on the door but after she...left, I wanted to be alone and I wanted my privacy so I fixed it on myself."

Her eyes widened and she nodded but I couldn't hold back anymore. The need for her had grown too much over the years and even more so over this summer where I had used every ounce of energy to stay away from her.

"Can I kiss you now?" I asked jokingly and to my surprise, she blushed nervously before sitting on my bed. "Stop being cute. I can't hold back."

"I didn't ask you to," she said, her voice almost a whisper but I heard it so I pushed her onto my bed until she was flush against my sheets.

She let out a little gasp as her head hit my soft bedding and I climbed onto her, my knees beside her thighs, straddling her into place. She looked up at me, the tension melting away from her body as I covered her mouth with mine. Her lips had to be the softest lips I had ever kissed and her mouth tasted sweet and warm. I touched her cheek, her soft and silky skin warm against my touch.

She slowly ran her hand through my hair until it settled on the back of my neck, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss. That was enough of a welcome that I needed.

She fisted the sides of my t-shirt, pulling me closer and I smiled against her lips. I ran my hands up and down her body, making her arch her back, pressing her chest against mine. She tugged on my t-shirt and I knew she wanted to go further but was she ready?

I sat back and pulled my t-shirt over my head in one swift move, discarding it on the floor. She stared at my chest and I wondered whether she was taking in the tattoo or my scar. Her eyes were sad as she traced the length of my scar with on finger. I closed my eyes, unable to watch the sadness in her eyes turn to pity. I opened my eyes when she dropped her hand to my pecs, tracing patters all over my chest. I felt a little light headed and my heart raced in my chest, unlike it had ever before with any other girl. I tried to take in deep breaths to calm myself down and my racing heart but I couldn't. I needed her – no, I wanted her.