Chapter 27

This plane ride was any ordinary plane ride annoying people that sit next to you, and the drunks that drink because why not right? This flight didn't seem long since I took a nap after the plane had landed I texted Ashley and asked her to pick me up from the airport, but she wouldn't answer so I had to text Jen. About 20 minutes pass and Jen is parked out front I find her car and the first thing she asked is how was Lydia.. I tear up, "she's dead."

"Wait what..oh my goodness I'm so fucking sorry!" Jen had said in shock

"Yea.."

"Can I ask how?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Let's stop for a smoothie on me?"

"I guess sure I can pay for mine don't worry."

She drives up to a smoothie shop that I haven't heard of until now. She goes straight for a berry smoothie and I'm over here like I don't know what to get.

"Make that two berry's."

"Alright that'll be 8.12."

I hand him a ten.

"I thought I was gonna pay for mine Alex."

"Don't worry about it Jen."

We sit down at a table while we wait for the smoothies it's so nice to just breathe and not be alone.

"So how are you?"

"I'm okay, what about you?"

"Worried."

"About???"

"You Alex I've never seen you like this."

"Well the fact my girlfriend died and it's my fault I won't be the same ever."

"It's not your fault."

"You're right it's Justin's."

"Honestly it might be."

"Not might it Fucking is!"

"Two berry's" interrupts the worker

"Thanks Lenny." Said Jen

"You know him?" I asked

"Yep this is like my go to place."

"Well.." I take a sip of the smoothie "it's good so I don't blame ya!"

I guess that made her laugh. She put her hand in my hand. I wouldn't move my hand I don't know why though. I know I can't I start laughing and move my hand and pick up my smoothie so it looked normal. I just I can't do this to Lydia not now it's to soon I can't not think about her.

"Alrighty let's get you home."

We walk out the smoothie shop and get in her car she starts playing music and singing to it on the way to her house and mine. She pulls into her driveway parks the car and pulls the key out I get out and she does too.

"Thanks for the ride Jen."

"Anytime!"

I cross the street and walk up the path to the front door and walk in, maybe I shouldn't have came home.