Chapter 18: Ceremony of Magi

The days went on as usual as they passed to weeks to months then to years.

During that time, Ren came to visit many times, going on strolls through the garden, and dates in the capital.

Today is my 10th birthday. At my celebration, Ms. Quartz, a court mage, would bring a magic reading crystal orb to do the ceremony.

Currently, I was getting ready  for the party. I wore a pretty long sleeved cream coloured dress. On its ends, there was white lace and pink embroidery. My hair was put in a braided bun and a cream coloured rose crown sat on my head.

I headed to the ball room, Emma following behind me.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Liliane Mary Acton enters the ballroom."
A resounding voice hushes the small crowd of guests.

I walk through the opened doors, seeing that Ren had come this year as well.

"Lili, you look beautiful."
He said, holding out his hand.

I took it gracefully, thanking him. We walked down the steps, down to the crowd.

Every year I had done this small ball, but I still get a little nervous. For my birthday ceremony, only Ren, the Prime Minister and the archdukes attend.

After we climbed down the stairs, mother and father came to greet me.

"The dress looks great on you, Liliane."
My mother said, looking at me with a gentle expression.

They ushered me towards the guests, and I greeted the archdukes. It seemed like I was not allowed to invite their wives, children and other nobles because of the fact I haven't debuted to society yet. If I was assassinated if hurt before my debut and the title ceremony of me getting my crown princess title, the kingdom would be in a panic. It seemed like that's why they kept the guests to the minimum.

After I greeted the guests, I went over to Ms. Quartz to perform the ceremony.

"Are you ready, Your Highness?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Please put your hand on the crystal ball. It should catch the wavelength of your soul."

Just as she instructed, I let go of Ren's hand and I put my hand gently on the crystal ball. There formed a grass green mist with three little balls of light floating in it. I looked at Ms. Quartz, wondering what those lights were.

"Y-Your Majesty! Your daughter had the potential to be an earth mage! Moreover, she seems to be blessed by three Unique Fairies!"

The whole crowd looked surprised. Even I knew how ridiculous that sounds. Getting blessed by a Fairy is rare, and a Unique Fairy blessing you would be 1 in a million. If there were 3, that would be unexplainable!

"Is that really true, Julia?"
My father asked, addressing the mage.

"Yes, there's no mistaking it, Your Majesty."

Father pondered for a while, then gave a resounding order to the guests.

"Everything that happened here is to be kept hidden. Word is not to get out. Understood?"

""Yes, Your Majesty.""
Everyone replied at the same time, including Ren. Father then told me to go upstairs to my room and rest. Only an hour into the party and I was to retire. I wasn't very tired, but I guess there isn't much of a choice here, is there?

_________________________
A/N: Hey guys! I hope the time skip wasn't too confusing. Anyway, here's Ms. Quartz.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!(๑>◡<๑)

(๑>◡<๑)