Chapter 15: The Library (Ren POV)

Surprisingly, Princess Liliane invited me to the library today. I was a bit exited, since we didn't have a big library in our house.

Since our kingdom is know for our military, our library isn't that big.

When princess Liliane and I arrived at the library, I was amazed of how big it was.

Embarrassingly, Liliane caught me gaping so I quickly turned away.

She asked her maid to bring her a book on the history of magic, and sat down. She motioned me the chair in front of me as well. Before I sat down, I followed the maid the the section on magic books and picked one out on magical beasts. I've always wanted to learn about them but our library didn't have a single book on them.

I returned to the seat and opened the book just as the maid put the book on the table.

I found the book quite interesting. Magical beasts were mutated animals and mammals. They were mutated if they were blessed by a Fairy, or if they stayed in a environment with abundant magic. They were far more intellectual than their normal kin. If you gained their trust, you could perform a contract with them, which would pledge their eternal loyalty.

After I read through various common and rare types of magical beasts, I kept glancing over to princess Liliane. She was completely mesmerized by the book.

I think she forgot about me.

_________________________
A/N: Whoops, you can't forget your fiancé, Liliana. My second POV change to Prince Ren. Please tell me what you guys think!

P.S. Thanks for the 1k reads guys! I'm so honoured!

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!
(๑>◡<๑)