Taking measures into my own hands

Okay I can do this . I can do this . I am Charlie Clarke and I got this.

I have been standing in front of Drake industries for about 10 minutes and I'm nervous as hell.

What if Casper's here or even worse his father . I can not deal with his father. I barely could handle how things went with Casper.

Okay I'll just ask the front desk who's in the office and I'll be golden.

I got this.

I pushed my hair back and started walking towards the desk.

Okay I got this far I just have to ask the lady now.

The lady look around 40. She had straight hair and way to much make up . "May I help you Ms ? " she asked chewing her gum like a cow.

God please close your mouth.

I put my hands on top of the desk trying to stop them from shaking " Yes um is any of the Drake's in ?"

"Who's asking ?"

She picked her hair up And looked me up and down before meeting my eyes again.

What should I say an ex wife ? A lover ? No I can say a lover . Shit "Uh an old friend "

Shit she doesn't believe me

She look at me then grabbed the phone "One moment "

The longest minute of my life , I was shitting bricks over here.

"The only one in at this time is Oliver is that okay ?"

"Perfect"

"Hmmhm follow me Ms"

And I did . I haven't been in this building for 5 years but it looks the same aside from the front desk lady boy was she dumb I could of been here to kill them and she just lets me up.

Some people.

"Here we are "

She opened the door to revel Oliver sleeping in his chair of course.

He never really does any work. He just has the job because he's a Drake.

"Sir you have a visitor "

He slowly opened his eyes "Ahh Ginger you don't have to pretend someone is here just so you can see me"

"Sir I'm not and it's Gretchen "

She pointed towards me and when his gaze fell on mine he was shocked. His eyes got so wide I didn't know they could do that.

"Um thank you ginger " he said looking at while getting out of his chair .

She left the room and he sat on the edge of his desk.

his lips broke in to a smirk and started rubbing the back of his neck.
"Charlie I cant believe your here , to what do I owe the pleasure "

I moved closer not sure if he'd give me a hug or not , to my surprise he did .

He backed up and sat in the desk again.
"Just because my brother doesn't like you at the moment doesn't mean I don't"