15 Why?

When I saw Zahra, I feared I was feeling many things. Guilty, ashamed, shocked, stunned and most of all irritated. Why does it have to this damned company who has to plan my wedding? I will try to talk Alina out of it. But before which I felt I should talk to Zahra. Just to see how she is doing.

Soon after we left Zahra, I came in to the office. I wasn't feeling well. Alina noticed it too.

"Are you okay babe? You look kind of sick"

"Yes, I am okay. Kindly check the SJ reports and give me your feedback. I will take it on from there"

"Sure"

I don't know what the hell I was thinking. All of a sudden I felt like I need to go somewhere. I remembered Zahra, every damn thing about her. Her hair, her taste, her feel, her smell. I remembered every damn thing. And it is making me damn edgy. Day after tomorrow we leave for the ranch. I called my office driver Azam, who drives Alina everywhere. I need to get out of office for a while.

Azam is a very good looking guy and someone I am sure one can trust with life. He is a refugee. He had come from Afghanistan where his entire family was killed in a drone attack, including his wife and two children. Over time, I use to converse with him often. He is a mechanical engineer but his credentials were lost in the attack. He is capable as well. May be latter I can speak to Alina and move him to one of her divisions which oversee mechanics of certain oil projects we have. But there is one problem, Alina doesn't like Azam. For some reason, he rubs her in a wrong way.

If I am to be very honest, things aren't the same with me and Alina anymore. About 6 months time, they have not been what it suppose to be. We had our major argument about Azam about 6 months ago, and then she had this notion no sex before marriage which is absurd as we use to have it before, and then she was in a hurry to get married and I am not sure what is going on. Work pressure is too much I guess. So I was forced in to celibacy.  Cheating is not my thing.

"Azam, just drive" he was shocked. But he didn't ask anything. Another thing I admire about this man. He doesn't pry. He minds his own business. But he is also supper alert. I am ever so thankful I found someone like him.

"Has your past every haunt you Azam?" I asked him casually.

"Only if I let it Mr.Malroy. It's over. Time for me to move on. The scares are deep but it will heal"

We just drove for a while until I was hungry. I to get my f*cking mind back to work.

*******************************************************************

I called my friends to inform what happened. Everyone of them asked me to refuse the project. And I know I should as I don't want any complications again. But how am I going to refuse this without causing a major uproar at office.

"Mrs. Butler, we have Benigton's function in 3 months, Hamstons function in 6 months and Hufsteads function in 8 months. I think Jane and Rose are capable of handling Martinez details, until I am done with these functions, which absolutely demands my attention" I asked her hoping she would understand.

"Just go this weekend, check the venue and then Jane and Rose will take over, while you can oversee things"

Damned. There is no way out of this.

So I packed my bags. I am so glad Jane and Rose will drive with me. The last thing I need is to drive with Alina and Joe. Alina called and informed me to go ahead, as she will be delayed. All well, I don't have to socialize or mingle with the "elites".

It took nearly 3 hours to reach there. This place is huge. It's almost like a sanctuary. When we reached, the manager greeted us. I think this is one of those places Joe inherited from his grandfather. And we were place in different rooms. My room is in a completely opposite direct and about 10 minute walk to Jane and Rose's rooms. According to the manager, those were his orders. This place is a palace. Huge.