The Calm Before the Storm.

This chapter is dedicated to 

Welcome back my loves! 

I was meant to be updating a lot but I have a lot of things going on right now so I haven't really been active, if you guys want I can make a personal snapchat for you guys and I'll give like little updates and teasers for BATB or even new drafts. Do you guys want that? 

But the thing is my phone is messed right now so I'll tell you guys when I will make the account, for now you can follow my twitter which is Amararose2602. x

The song is Cold Heart Killer by Lia Marie Johnson.

Anyways... Off with the update.

|The Calm Before the Storm.|

Ayla

I looked up at my dad confused, "What marks?" I said thinking out loud.

"Those reddish ones."He said looking at the thoroughly. I mumbled a 'Wait a second.' and rushed to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I inspect my neck and see the red marks or their other name, Hickeys. My eyes widened and I twisted the tap dabbing cool water onto them. Ryder just had to eat my neck like a damn wolf.

What the hell would I tell my dad. 

"So what are they?" I hear and in the mirror I see dad at the door with a sandwich in his mouth, I think he figured it out or had an idea that it was hickey. I shuffled trying to think of something to say and he stood there calm but I knew he'd go ballistic if he knew the truth. 

"I think I have bedbugs, my neck and back has been itching all day dad, I've been scratching non-stop so that's probably where the marks are from." I said hastily and scratched my neck gently to make it look more believable. He eyed me for a few seconds before cracking a smile.

"Thank god for that, I thought I would have to get a bat out to beat up a boy, but I know my beautiful daughter is not like that." I giggled nervously and let out a breath of relief.

'Oh dad, your daughters done worse then getting a few hickeys.' A voice in my mind spoke although it was harsh the statement was right, I wasn't as innocent as my dad thought I was.

We both left to the kitchen and sat down again, I got out ingredients to make lasagna and mum came down. "Habibti." She says and gives my dad a big kiss, I smile and put the sheets of pasta to boil. 

"Nunu, when did you get home?" She asks and kisses my cheek, "I think it been half an hour, how was your day?" I ask and preheat the oven, I warm the pan up putting oil into it. 

"I woke up at eleven and ate croissant and tea, watched a few dramas and fell asleep." She says and helps me with marinating the mince.

"Ah a meal made by two of my angels, that's the life." Dad says making mum laugh, "Stephan, you should be cooking for me Hayati." She jokes and he gets up, "Okay, I will, you two go rest I'll call when the food is done." I nod and smile, whilst walking up the stairs I hear my mum saying things a daughter should not hear.

Cringing, I enter my room and sigh flopping myself onto the bed. 

I started to think about Ryder, his words. 

Who would supposedly take me from his arms, why was he so upset, why did I miss him? All of these questions spiraled through my mind causing a headache. I hissed as a sharp pain formed in my head and I went downstairs. Entering the kitchen I shrieked seeing my parents kissing heavily.

"Mum, dad! please stop." I say and they laugh.

"I've got a headache mum." I whine and sit down, she pouts taking my head into her hands rubbing it gently. As usual she was making me feel better, oh how I loved my mum. Dad gave me a glass of water and some medicine which I gladly took. Dad looked on the counter for something and groaned, "I forgot the Costello stock order documents. shit." He says and rubs his temples.