A race for time

Emmett P

Emmett P.O.V

I ran at Edward side pushing my legs to go faster. The pack and Angel's family ran at our sides. The last few minutes repeating in my head. Angel's grief stricken face when the dog indeed imprinted and forgot her instantly. Her running off and then Alice's vision telling us she was going to kill herself. My own frozen heart breaking. How could she think she is so unloved that she feels the best thing is to hurt herself.

"If there is any god out their who will listen to someone like me please let her live. I will do everything and anything to prove to her she is precious and I love her. PLease do not take her from me. Pleas let us get there in time."

As we neared the cliff I saw Angel standing on the edge her arms held out from her side.

"ANGEL NO!"

She jolted turning looking as we all came to a stop. I stepped closer freezing when she took a step closer to the edge. "Please Angel don't do this."

She was crying so hard she was hiccuping. "I can't.... hic... do this anymore..."

I slowly inched closer. "No please. Angel I love you. I love you more then my own exsistance. Don't take yourself away from me."

"But I...hic.... wasn't good enough.... hic.... for you.. You left."

"An I will forever regret that decesion. But Angel I did that because I though I was protecting you. I would do anything to make you happy."

I held out my hand." Please take my hand let me take you home."

She looked from me to Paul and back. " I am not worthy of such love. I tried to open my heart again but looked what happened." She looked toward Paul and Penelope. "I want you two not to feel guilty and just be happy. If anything name a kid after me." She gave a half sob half laugh. "I just can't do this anymore. Everyone I love end up leaving me and I can't take it."

I move closer."Please Angel take my hand." When she turned around looking over the cliff I knew what I would do. "If you do this Angel know you will not be alone. I will be following right behind you. I will not live in a world where you do not exsist."

I could see her shoulder shake as she sobbed looking down at the rocks. I saw Carlisle moving forward slowly.

"Angel listen to me please. I know right now you are thinking everything is bad and you think that destroying yourself is the answer but it is not believe me."

"How would you know Carlisle? You have everything. How would you know how I feel?"

"Because I was there once. Before I meet my family after I was turned. I was in a very dark place and thought daily that I would destroy myself. That who could love a monster like me. I know that feeling of being alone in your mind. But I stayed strong and I survived and things got better. They will get better for you s well just please step away from the cliff."

I looked as Angel seemed to be hesitating. I took a step closed my fingers brushing her shoulder. "Please Angel wings lets go home. Let me take care of you."

She sigh and I saw a hand going around her side. I felt hope that she was listening. But that hope was short lived as I felt a force push me back a god 10 feet . Looking up I felt everything stop as she turning and jumped over the cliff.

"NO!"

One of the Sekkari ran forward throwing out his hand groaning. Everyone rushed to the cliff looking down. There twenty feet below Angel was being held in the air.

The guy groaned again holding out his other hand. "Xavier get her. SHe is fighting me an I have no clue how long I can hold her."

The man standing to my left who was as tall as me nodded before disappearing with a crack. We watched as he appeared by Angel wrapping his arms around her before they both disappeared.

A noise behind us had us turn there the man stood in his arms was a struggling Angel.

"Luna hurry up and knock her out."

The girl called Luna rushed forward touching her hand to Angel's forehead. I began to panic as Angel went limp.

"What did you do?"

I rushed forward and the man named Xavier picked up Angel and gently placed her in my arms. "Don't worry Luna's ability is to make anyone sleep. An asleep if need be."

Luna looked up. "She is extremely tired as is so she'll sleep a good 24 hours before she wakes again."

I looked down at her and held her close kissing her forehead. Looking up at her Uncle and Aunt I pleaded. "Please allow us to take her. I need her close and Carlisle can check her over."

Matt nodded. "Okay just let us know when she wakes up."

I nodded looking down at her again feeling my chest start to relax for the first time in quite a while. As I passed the pack I notice Paul move closer. I pulled her closer looking up with a growl.

"Stay away from her. Haven't you done enough!"

Paul glared at me growling his form shaking slightly. " You have no...."

Matt moved forward pulling Paul away and eyeing us both. "You both need to stop. Emmett you need to realize you leave made her seek the comfort of another, and you" he looked toward Paul. " We warned you this would happen. I told you to stop before she got to attached to you. But you did not listen, you went even as far as to become intimate with her taking what she should give someone who could actually love her."

Matt looked at Penelope. "I know you are feeling bad Pen but don't and I promise you when Angel is more herself again she will not blame you at all." He turned toward Carlisle. "Get her home so she can rest."

With that we left the Pack's land and made our way back to our house Edward going to retrieve Bella from Esme and take her home.

Getting there I walked up to my room and laid her on my bed. Rosalie and Alice coming in as I stepped out so they could change her. When they were done I walked back in pulling a chair to the side of the bed intent on staying there.

Carlisle came in and checked her over saying how she'l need to eat something when she wake.

"Carlisle what do I do?"

"I don't know. But I have heard that when someone is in a deep sleep you can reach their subconscious. Try talking to her tell her everything you want to tell her and she will listen. Maybe it will make her feel little better when she wakes."

So as Carlisle left I did just that telling her everything I have felt and done since meeting her. I ran my hand through her hair as I talked.