Water Vs Shadow

"May the best man win...".

Once Shigeru and Chihiro were safely out of the way, the demon began to circle around him.

"Oh yes, and to make things more interesting, see those barrels over there?" he asks pointing to a stack of barrels to the left side of the underground clearing.

"They are filled with water, I thought you might appreciate it, after all, I want this to be worth my while, can't have you down or dying on me too quickly, what would be the fun in that?" he explained to him.

Suddenly, a barrage of dark shadow spears came at him from his right side, he was too focused on what he was saying about the water to realise him forming his attack. However, he was able to deflect them by casting an energy shield using his magic.

'Damn it Kohaku, focus! I need to use the water it's my best advantage' he thinks to himself as he dodges another wave of spear attacks.

To make things easier he decides to liquify himself, it is a physical ability of his that he was always able to do but never needed to until now, he was the embodiment of water after all. At the next barrage of attacks, he didn't bother avoiding them and he just starts walking towards the demon who was wary of him not avoiding his attack. As he walked he was using his ability to control water to build up pressure inside the barrels, as he did this the spears flew right through him.

Suddenly, the barrels explode releasing the water and Haku tries to salvage and gain control of as much water as he could before it fell to the ground using his hand. He turns the water into thousands of tiny needles and directed them at him, the water doing his bidding making it rain down on him which he, unfortunately, managed to deflect in time using his own barrier.

It was dark and he temporarily lost sight of him within his barrier, all he could see was darkness, once it subsided he realized he was gone. However, he knew better than that, the underground clearing was filled with shadows and was quite dark even though it was being lit up by torches that were hung up on the clearing walls.

He looks around cautiously trying to pinpoint his location, however, he was nowhere to be seen, he couldn't even smell him. There were shadows everywhere so, therefore, he could be anywhere...

Suddenly, he felt a hand grab his ankle looking down he sees the demon's hand grasping his ankle coming out of his own shadow, and then suddenly he appeared before him crawling out of it. He saw this as his chance to attack but he couldn't move, it was like he was paralyzed, he then was suddenly thrown at the wall ramming into whatever remained of the barrels that he exploded earlier.

Growling, he got back up on his feet the impact left him feeling sore and he was probably bruised in a few places and have a lot of splinters from the broken barrels, however no major injuries. He was lucky he could control water with his mind because he could have lost all of the water he managed to collect and control, his strongest offence.

"That was a dirty trick" he growls at the demon. He walks towards the demon again and steps back into the clearing.

"Did I ever mention there were any fighting rules?" he says slyly.

Growling, he splits the mass of water he was controlling into thirds, he had an idea but he needed the demon to be distracted. He seems to be an over-confident demon and over-confidence can lead to many mistakes, blind spots, and weaknesses... he just needs 5 seconds at least where his guard is down.

He hid one of the three masses of water whilst the demon was too preoccupied with attacking him with more spears from all sides, which once again only went straight through him, this frustrated the demon which made him feel smug and clever. Once the demons attack was over he was able to successfully hide one of the masses of water and then uses  one of the other two attacking him with another barrage of water needles whilst he uses the other as a whip to sneakily wrap around his ankle which was all too easy since he was preoccupied with dodging his needles.