A Tricky Patient

She never thought she would see this side of Kohaku, he was just like a scared child refusing to go to the dentist. It all started after they had their meals... as Judas promised, after they ate he began to get ready to treat them however as he gathered his medical tools and equipment, she couldn't help but notice Haku's reaction, his pupils dilated as if he was waiting for the Tengu to attack him, he was stiff and rigid and stress sweat began to cover his forehead, he looked terrified, like a cat in water.

Shigeru, however, was calmer, nervous, yes, but a hell of a lot calmer than Haku, which was quite funny considering she was thinking it would be the other way around. From her understanding, Shigeru was equivalent to a child in spirit biology, and Haku was almost an adult, so she expected to have trouble with the fox and not her dragon. It was quite hilarious in a way, a big strong powerful dragon, afraid and brought to pieces over a doctor, well technically Judas isn't a doctor, she thinks in the spirit world they call them healers? Well whatever they call them, she just found out one of Haku's biggest fears and weaknesses.

She suspected it after she pulled out his scale freeing him from the tsuchigumo then offering to check his wound...she suspected it at the time, but to think she was actually right and that it was to this extent. When Judas came back with all his supplies, he made a space for him to operate on making it as comfortable as possible for them, once he was all set up he turns to them and smiles.

"There we go, now who will be first hmm?" he asks smiling completely oblivious to how nervous her dragon and fox friend are "don't worry, I'm well known in the demon territory for my healer capabilities, I promise I will be gentle, especially toward you Mr Kohaku Nushi, I understand that pulling out scales can be quite a painful experience for dragons".

She looks at them curiously as they look around the room awkwardly before their gazes bore into hers, as if begging her to not make them do this, however sadly for them, their antics were in vain, she was giving them the tough love they need, she won't even falter for her precious dragon who looked like he wanted to flee like some scared rabbit. She raises an eyebrow at them as if to show them that she was also expecting an answer.

Once again they look at each other as if begging the other to go first but neither of them seems to want to so they are at a permanent stalemate. She sighs, this was getting ridiculous, she has seen 5 year old's handle things like this better than they do, giving one last sigh she turns to Judas who was waiting and looking at them in what seems to be confusion and slight amusement, she knows how he feels, they were probably feeling and thinking the same thing.

"What do you think would be best Judas?" she asks him trying to fix the situation yet still keeping a close eye on the potential runaways.

He sighs and rubs the back of his neck then turns to the guys "which one of you is the oldest? I suggest letting the oldest go first so that the younger one see's that it's not so scary as he thinks" he says winking at Shigeru.

She could see her dragons pupils dilate into mere dots and his hair ruffle up slightly, kind of reminding her of the time when the shock of his name caused his scales to flare up and fall off. She has never seen him like this before, she walks up to him to try and settle him but as she puts even a slight finger on him he flinches away quickly growling at her in warning. Her eyes widen in surprise, he has never growled like that to her since he crashed into the girl's rooms 7 years ago, yet this was a bit different, it was like he was scared stiff.

"Kohaku..." she says gently and comfortingly to him "I promise you, everything will be okay, I will be right there with you... I will even cradle you if you want" suddenly Haku snaps at the comment.

"Chihiro I'm not a baby! I don't need to be coddled!" he growls.

She glares at him "then stop acting like one, Shigeru is twice as young as you and even he is taking it better than you are, you are acting like a 5-year-old. If you act like a 5-year old I will treat you as such" she says trying to keep her voice soft yet firm so she doesn't spook him off, it truly was like dealing with a kid or some prickly wild animal, or in his case, dragon.