2 장

그림의
~A picture of rice cake~
Used to describe something that you desire, but cannot have

'Hyung!' Tony greeted Park Dong Ja as he arrived at the indoor golf course in Golfzon Tower.

Shaded his eyes with an aviator sunglasses, sheltering from the frosty weather with the same aviator leather jacket, Park Dong Ja raised his chin with confident, finally, he presented a pilot cap and wear it with pride. Dong Ja was the kind of person who doesn't take himself seriously, wearing a pilot costume to meet his best buddy is the kind of activity he never gets bored of. Being a lecturer in one of Seoul's university, Tony often jokes about Dong Ja flirting with his students.

Their hands punch against each other, their very own version of greeting one another.

'How is it going, man?' Dong Ja spoke in a terrible American accent, it has been this way since Tony move to the states, he think it's cool to pretend as caucasian once in a while.

'Stop it, hyung, you're humiliating yourself.' Tony pads Dong Ja's shoulder, as if after insulting him, he had to console him as well.

'Ya! Lee Jung Ho, stop being so cocky.' Dong Ja places both his hand on his waist, showing Tony who is the senior here.

'Okay, peace out, alright?' Tony surrenders. 'Let's settle this with a match, how about that?' He spoke to Dong Ja with english.

'Sure.' Dong Ja welcomes the battle openly.

'Why would you quit the job? I thought your dream girl is working in the same place as you?' Dong Ja question Tony, as he spread his feet, getting a stable hold of the golf stick.

'Well, you can't force a girl to like you back, can you?' He may seem to be a strong steel on the outside, but, as he recall the last day he met Rachel Woods, which was Sarah's wedding day, the thorn of separation still pricks him.

'Lee Jung Ho, you have landed yourself too deep. So, coming back to Seoul is part of your healing plan?'

'Maybe?' Tony, putting on a nonchalant face, he focus on striking the virtual ball. 'Enough of me, hyung, what about you?'

'What about me? I'm still working in the same college, no promotion and no girlfriend.' Dong Ja feigning a depressed posture, he was pressing his hand against his forehead.

'No promotion? Showing up in Discovery channel's interview is considered a peak of your career, stop being greedy, Park Dong Ja.' Tony shows no hint of sympathy at all, he wasn't even looking at Dong Ja when he replied him.

'How did you know that?' Dong Ja peered at Tony, he was absolutely curious since Dong Ja wasn't active in social media, there's no way Tony Lington will know. 'You know, I was trying to be humble, but I guess being famous is inevitable.' Dong Ja places both hand on the golf stick, which is pressing firmly on the floor, his smug face was the only thing Tony found hard to ignore.

'Eun Suk told me.' Tony took a glance at his friend, whose gloating smile has flattened to a straight line.

Whenever the name Eun Suk reached him, it was always followed by a series of queasiness in his emotion. When Song Eun Suk left Dong Ja to pursue her acting career, Dong Ja's life has shattered into million broken pieces, and none of it has been fixed. He was broken, tormented, and getting out of his house was a torture for him during that darkest moment. Perhaps, Tony taught, the reason why Dong Ja has developed a sluggish approach with any girl who wants more than just a fling, he totally shut her out. In short, he has commitment phobia.

'I met her in the Heathrow Airport once, last year. She asked about you.' Tony knew Dong Ja's heart still remains with Eun Suk even if he refuse to admit.