39 장

A cloud of puzzlement glooms over her as she blink her eyes, absorbing the unfamiliar environment and a whole wrath of anxiety starts pressuring her.

That was unpleasant, until she turn her glance to Dong Ja, whose head is lying beside her, sleeping. Eun Suk tried to recall the incident, before darkness fall over her eyes and weakness confronted her limbs, everything turns dark afterwards.

She tried to get up and sit, and the shuffling itself woken Dong Ja, whose droopy eyes became widen to see Eun Suk waking up from her unconsciousness.

'Are you okay? Did you feel uncomfortable anywhere? Why didn't you wake me up?' Dong Ja admonished her the moment he saw her moving, Eun Suk tries to mutter something but Dong Ja wasn't sparing her a chance, furthermore, she's too weak to retort him with acidic remarks.

'Water? Do you want any?' Dong Ja adds.

Eun Suk simply nodded, she was undeniably glad that Dong Ja is here, but after years of being star crossed lovers, she didn't know how to pick up what they have been missing.

'Is it too hot?' Dong Ja was staring at Eun Suk all the way, making her feel a thad uncomfortable, somehow, she finds it funny. Eun Suk almost choke when she tried to muffle her laugh.

'I'll call the nurse!' Dong Ja yelled, he has never been that paranoid in his life, until now. However, Eun Suk stops him when she pulled his hand and ushered him to sit on the bed.

Yet, Dong Ja doesn't feel safe, like Eun Suk is going to die the next second.

'I'm fine, okay,' Eun Suk gritted her teeth as she calms Dong Ja down, although that wasn't the right way to.

'Fine?' Dong Ja widen his eyes like it was another exaggerating expression to warn Eun Suk, 'you are admitted to the hospital and you are fine?' Dong Ja scoff, as if that's the most ridiculous words he ever heard.

Eun Suk heard him, but she's didn't retaliate him like she usually would, and thus, she allows him to vent all his emotion if that only meant one thing; he still cares for her.

'If you are not feeling well, you shouldn't even leave the house! Can't you use your brain or something?' Dong Ja continues his admonishing, but somehow, Eun Suk felt that he has abused his rights.

'Brains?' She scoffs, 'is that verbal abusing?' She watched him while bitting her lips, in a non sexy way, of course, she feel like her annoyance is slowly building. 'If only you know,' she breath, 'if only you tried to ask me, but you didn't.'

'What?' Tony frowned, 'about what exactly?' He said.

'About why I left,' Eun Suk burst, 'you act like nothing happened, you didn't asked, you didn't want to ask!'

'I didn't want to ask?' The pair starts arguing, 'you left me with a letter and I was suppose to ask you? What logic is that!'

'You could have ask, I would tell you if you asked!' Eun Suk shut her eyes for a brief moment, 'God knows how much I wanted to tell you how I went through all this shit!'

'Tell me, Song Eun Suk, tell me.' Dong Ja calm himself now, his heart was racing, like he was preparing to hear the truth after all these years of self-blaming.

'I left you, because I was left with no choice, Ji Suk and I, we needed money, I have to pay for her school fees, and I need to pay for mine, and so— I sold my kidney,' stream of tears flows down her cheeks, thousand of needles has been lifted from her chest after all these years.

A shattering wave throws over Dong Ja when he heard last two words Eun Suk revealed. He can't move, he simply can't, even breathing feels heavy for him. He watches Eun Suk bawling out her emotions, which inevitable makes him hated himself.