SEVENTEEN

Thanos is sat proudly on his black throne, which is located in the large room where I first met him. As I step further into the room, I glance around in awe. I never got to have a good look around this place when I was first here. It is amazing. Made from what looks like obsidian, the walls tower high, creating the sense that I am in a deadly predator's lair.

"Hex!" The Titan exclaims. "I hope that you have come bearing good news."
"I have, my Lord." I kneel at the base of his throne. "My army is now complete. Laufey, Malekith, and Ronan are waiting for my orders. Bucky, Ulysses Klaue, and Erik Killmonger are ready and waiting to collect the first stone."
A wide grin spreads across his face as he clenches his fist, which is inside the Infinity Gauntlet.
"You have done well, my dear." He motions to the guard beside him, who passes Thanos a long linen-wrapped package. "A gift for my sorceress. Take this, Hex, it is designed for the fiercest warrior."
He carefully passes it to me, and I thank him as I unwrap the package. Inside is a double-bladed, gold, and bronze staff. It is perfectly balanced and lightweight.
"Thank you, Thanos."
"Go, Hex, fetch me my Infinity Stones, and we can rule the world together."

I head back to my room and start preparing for the journey and battles ahead. It is going to be hard, especially if the Avengers get in my way; even if they are just pathetic humans dressed in stupid costumes. I, however, have multiple armies at my dispense, a Titan on my side and an Infinity Stone flowing through my body.

I quickly change into my black suit, the one from my vision; Thanos thought it would be a fitting gesture. A knock rattles my door, and I open the door with a soft smile. Bucky pushes into the room and grins.

"Are you ready?" He questions, his voice deep and husky.
"Yep, are you?"
He nods as he wanders over to my weapons bag and inspects it, pulling out my chakram fighting disks.
"These are so cool." He pretends to throw them.
"Put them back before you decapitate me." I chuckle, pulling on my knee-high boots.
He places them back, his face dropping into a severe frown.
"What happens when all of this is over?" He whispers, his blue eyes clouding over. "I mean, after we give Thanos the Infinity Stones, what happens then?"
I pause, turning to look at Bucky. With a soft smile, I walk over and take his large hands in my smaller ones.
"We will come out on top, Bucky." I gently cup his face. "Once this is all over, once Thanos has his way, we will live our lives. Maybe live on the coast and drink cocktails all day." I giggle.
"You make no sense to me." He mutters, his blue eyes lighting up with laughter.
"Welcome to my life."

His eyes dart to my lips, and he leans in. He kisses me, and the whole world falls away. It is slow and soft, comforting in ways that words could never be. His hands rest below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingle. I run my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there is no space left between us, and I can feel the beating of his heart against my chest. I gently unlock our lips so I can gaze into his eyes.

"Bucky-"
"Are you ready to go or what?" Erik yells as he barges into my room.
Bucky and I jump away from each other, our faces burning with embarrassment.
"Um ... Klaue is waiting for us at the docking station." Erik doesn't make eye contact with us as he awkwardly leaves the room.
Bucky keeps his focus on the floor, and I attempt to cup his face, but he steps away.
"I'll see you on the ship, Hex." He mutters as he starts to walk out of the room.
"Bucky, wait!" I attempt to stop him, but he closes the door in my face.
Frowning, I turn back to my bag and finish packing before making my way to the docking station. Erik and James are sat in the passenger seats, and I take the spare pilot seat next to Klaue.

"Where to first?" Klaue asks, a sadistic grin on his face.
"Knowhere." I reply.
Klaue programs the coordinates, and we shoot off into space. RealityStone – here we come.