5 ❀ Councilman Cole

Ezra POV

        Ezra POV

     "Who's on their way?" Ace perks up. Oh, now he's suddenly interested? I resist the urge to throw something at him.

     Hyrum purses his lips and crosses his titanic arms, his disapproving gaze flicking over our youngest member. Lilac eyes reflecting his sour mood.

     "Councilman Cole." A stricken silence fills the room. We're all in utter shock.

     A council member was on his way here? I straighten my posture and puff out my chest as if Cole can see me already. I haven't seen a Council member in some 20 years or so.

     They keep busy. After all, they do run things all over the world to keep things in line.

     Ace shifts uncomfortably, his way out of awkwardness was humor, but it seems as if he is at a loss for words this time. He decides to shift his gaze to the ground and remain silent. I think it's a fantastic idea.

     "Any idea why?" Reid finally breaks the silence, echoing my exact thoughts.

     Hyrum shrugs his shoulders, "Apparently he use to be an Alpha in the North East, so the Guard sent him to oversee this particular... situation."

    "The Red Alpha situation?" I ask, but I know the answer.

     "Yes. They want to make sure the correct soldiers are assigned to find him." Says Hyrum.

     Reid growls viciously, standing up and pacing. His goofy demeanor gone as well, the news seems to suck the joy out of all of us. Not that I really had any to lose in the first place.

     "Why can't they just let us finish this?!" He fumes, I grasp his shoulder, effectively stopping him. I take a deep breath as I address my team. A good example needs to be set, I am their leader after all. I have responsibilities to uphold.

     "I'm just as pissed as you, believe me." I reason with him, "but complaining about it doesn't solve anything."

     In reality, I'm more upset than anyone at this point. I can't count how many times this situation dropped itself on me. When a fantastic, exciting mission will present itself, right when it's within reach it will be ripped away from my grasp.

      It's as if the Moon Goddess Herself is mocking me.

     "Who freaking cares?" Ace asks, sitting up as he glares at Reid. "I for one would love to slap the Red Alpha in his fat face, but we can have plenty of fun here, so why leave the comforts of our home?" He lifts the magazine back to his face, reading it lazily as if the situation at hand was boring him.