54 ❀ Fall apart

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

     The hot water engulfs me. The beads of water are so hot they nearly seer my skin. Thick, white clouds of humidity fill the stall in puffs. I take a deep, full breath. My lungs fill with the wet air until they feel like they may burst right open.

     I stare at the tile flooring underneath me. The water rinsing away from my skin carries copious amounts of pink tinged liquid.

     Blood still stains me, a gentle reminder of the horrendous night I'd experienced.

     Every time I close my eyes I see death. I stare him in the face as he makes me relive the deaths of the ones I love. I watch my Father's body crash to the ground in a heap of lifeless flesh and bone. I stand on the sidelines as my little sister lays motionless in a pool of dark blood.

     I want to cry. I want to scream. I want to sob.

     But nothing happens. I choke as I realize just how empty I really am in this moment. I close my eyes as tight as I can while I let the water rush down on me.

     The scent of blood overwhelms me in this little, enclosed space.

     I grab a bottle of body wash and open it, pouring a huge glob in my hand and scrubbing my body with the bubbly suds. I scratch at my skin as hard as I can, my nails making long red lines across my body.

     The blood is gone after a bit of scrubbing, but I continue to rub my flesh raw with tears in my eyes. I scrape the skin away with every ounce of energy I have left in me.

     I remember my dad. My poor Father that never got to meet his mate. My sister that never got to meet her mate. I mourn the loss of those missed relationships. Their mates will never find them, and they will always wonder what happened to their soul mate.

     Life is oh so cruel.

     I step out of the shower half an hour later. I wanted to stay under the hot jet stream, but the water has gone cold by now. I've used up all the warmth for my own selfish moment of grief.

     I glance down at my fingernails. Darkness is shoved under the length of them, the blood building up under my nails to show me just how much blood I had on me.

     I don't know how much of it's from my own veins, and how much is from an enemy that I ruthlessly killed.

     My whole body cringes when I remember just how ruthless I was on that battlefield mere hours ago. I killed so many wolves. Their bodies littered the ground around me and I hadn't cared.
I was protecting my pack.

     The thoughts of those lives I ended reminds me of that first rogue that had started this all. When I'd killed him, Ezra had taken care of me so tenderly I was amazed by his tenderness.