47 ❀ Forever

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

     The light catching on my dress twinkles in the mirror, nearly blinding me. I've never been a fan of anything girly. Dresses and sparkles haven't ever been my thing, and yet here I am, dressed to impress in a stunner.

     My gown isn't overdone, thank the Goddess. It's dark maroon. The tiny sprinkle of gauzy silver flecks are beautiful. My dark hair frames my face like two curtains. I can't help but like my new haircut, I needed a change, and I got it.

     It's not too short for my taste. The waves reach my shoulders, and I just pray that Ezra will like it.

     Ezra.

     I'll see him in just a few minutes, but I feel like it has been an actual eternity. I haven't seen him all day because it's bad luck to see your mate the day of your ceremony.

     When I had peered at my reflection this morning, I despised the thought of running a brush through the eternal mess of tangles and knots. The sight of the scissors in the drawer was all I needed in that last minute, hasty decision. A few snips later and I had much less hair to fuss over.

     Hopefully Ezra will still recognize me. I laugh at the thought.

     Ever since I told him I loved him everything has felt less strained, more easy. We compliment each other perfectly. Once the fear and doubts are set aside, I feel a lot better, I feel like I can finally live my life. My whole childhood taught me that I'll be disappointed, that I should just lower my expectations as low as they can go.

     I am willing to put my heart on the line now.

     Yes, the world is a terrifying place filled with scary possibilities, but if you don't go for what you want out of fear of failure and hurt, you set yourself up for disaster.

     It's only recently that I've discovered this wonderful bit of advice, and I've decided to live by it from now on. Go for what I want without holding myself back.

     There is an abrupt, startling knock at the door and I jumped a little.

     "Come in."

     I'm not shocked when my Dad peeks his head in, his gray eyes weary. When they latch onto me they soften. He comes into the room wearing a very dapper suit and tie. I can't recall the last time I'd seen him dressed so fancy.

     My Dad stands there for awhile, just looking at me. The copious amount of emotion is enough to tell me everything without a single word, but he voices it anyway.

    "You look beautiful." He whispers, and I can tell he's getting choked up. I walk into his arms, leaning my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

     "Thank you." I murmur into his suit coat, the scent of his cologne calming me. His arms wrap around my torso and he hugs me snuggly.

     "I'm so sorry for everything you've had to live through, and that I wasn't there to help." When I pull away to stare at him I notice the dark circles under his eyes and I sigh.