Chapter 3

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

'Man, the noise my alarm clock makes. I swear it's the most annoying thing ever!'

Today's the day.

I get up and search for my cloths I will be wearing. I finally found a light blue tank top with Eeyore on the front. Also a pair of jean shorts along with my blue and white DC shoes.

This is one of the things I like about this job, I don't have to wear a stuffy suit or uniform. I can wear what I want and express myself how I please. Not only through my clothes, but also my work.

My daydreaming was cut short when my stomach growled.

'I'll just grab something to eat on the way there.'

I'm too lazy and running late to cook anything. So, I grabbed my bag with all my photography tools and notes of ideas and headed out.

I got a company car by the way, it's  and 2014, black Chevy Cruze.. it's probably the nicest car I've had..

****

I approached the building nervously and cautiously. I'm hoping I'll make a good impression the first day.

"Are you Masie Blake?" An older voice says behind me.

"Oh yeah I am." I say as I turn around.

The man was short and looked to be in his 60s. He had on black jeans with a white button up shirt, with a plain black cap.

"Fabulous! I am George Jones owner of this fine establishment. I have reviewed your work and it's amazing, like how you can get the lighting and shadows just perfect." He said with grate enthusiasm.

'He seems fun to work with.'

"Oh thank you so much." I huffed out. It's like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when he said he loved my work.

"Okay now.. You will be working with a partner he will show you how things run around here and where everything is." He said sternly.

I tilted my head slightly to the side, "Okay, who is he?" I asked curiously.

" He's- oh there he is come here Baylor."

The boy was tall, brown hair and green eyes. His hair was flat and combed to the side. He was pretty tall too, I'd say about 5'11.

"Hello I'm Baylor, you must be Masie." He said while sticking out his had.

I happily took his large hand and shook it.

I grinned from ear to ear, "Yes, and nice to meet you."

'gosh, he's pretty cute..'

George slapped his hands together, "Yes! It seemed you all are getting along well. I'm just going to go finish my work. Baylor be sure to shower her all the ropes. And be careful." He then turned around and left us.

Baylor, whistled while slinging his arm around my shoulder, "Okay.. so, I guess it's time for us to get started" he then lead me further into the studio.

****

Today Baylor showed me their prop room. It had about everything in there. There was so many different types of clothing, cameras, tripods, lighting, it was almost too much. He gave me a set of keys to the room, so I could come and go as I please.

Tomorrow I have my first photo-shoot. I don't know who it is yet, they don't like to tell you who your first shoot is with.

They said something along the lines of, 'we just don't want to scare you and make you worry about who it is. It could be a top celebrity or a local business owner wanting a picture for their build board. It's to ease your nerves'.

'Ease my nerves my butt, if anything they are worse'

For all I know I could be taking pictures of Justin Timberlake or the senator. The possibilities are endless.

This is my first shoot, it's what's going to make it break me. It's the most important shoot I'm ever going to take. No matter who it is, I'm going to give it my all.