Chapter 10

Me and the boys have really hit it off these last few months. Especially me and him.. ever since he kissed my cheek.. he's been very.. affectionate and kind towards me. Always wanting to carry my things and take me places, ya know, the sweet stuff?

I've been too shy to ask him why he kissed me and he's never brought it up.. so I'm still confused as to where out feeling and relationship lies.. but I'm conflicted with even the thought of a relationship with him. I mean, he's my client.. I'm sure George and Baylor would very much disapprove of it.

So, I'm struggling with what to do? Should I continue this.. thing.. I have with Austin or should I cut it off? Or is there even a thing going on between us?! He keeps it so borderlined that I have no idea where we stand and it looks like it could go either way.

I'm just going to have to man up and ask him myself. Man.. that's something I've been dreading.. I know it's something that I need to do but.. what if it's not what I'm expecting or what I want? What if all this 'affection' he's been giving me.. I've made it all up? Or I've just over analyze everything?

*sighs* There is way too many what 'if's' and not enough answers. And the only way to get those answers is to out myself out there.

I sigh again and roll off my bed. It's about 7:45 am. I've been in bed thinking for about an hour.. I lazily walk into my kitchen and start to pour myself some cereal.

I abruptly stop eating and drop my spoon back into the bowl. How could I forget? I have a tag-along shoot today. I'll be following him.. all day today. Of course, the day I finally work up the courage to talk to him, I have to be with him all day. Do I ever get a break?

I huffed and finished the rest of my cereal. When I was done I washed the dirty dishes in the sink and hung them up to dry. I walked back to my bedroom and opened my closet. What should I wear? It needs to be versatile, we're going to a few different places today.. and I really don't feel like changing in and out of outfits.

It was going to be hot today so nothing too clingy or warm. Later tonight we was going to a club, non alcoholic of course, so it had to be stylish.

I finally decided on a lilac spaghetti strap dress. 'airy, check.' This dress was loos and cling to my curves perfect. It also had a slit going up the right side and it stopped at the upper portion of my thigh. 'Stylish, check'.
Along with it I picked some white wedges. Nothing too big and nothing too simple.

****

"Why is it so hot?" I'm currently fanning myself with both my hands.

"It's Miami." Austin said in a smart tone, grinning at me.

He was wearing light blue ripped jeans, white basket jersy, white Jordan's and a backwards white cap.

'He's super bright today, maybe it's because white cloths attract less heat?'

"Yeah, yeah, but you know Im still adjusting to it. Besides it 6:30pm it should be cooled off by now!" I wave my hands for emphasis.

"That's Miami sweetheart, ya gotta get used to it if your gonna be with me." It took him a second to realise how he worded it.

"Ah, wait, I didn't mean-" I cut him off," yeah, I know. Don't worry about it hot stuff." and I gave him a wink.

Austin just grunts and gives a small smile while opening the door for me. We've done made our rounds about town, showing up to two charity events and now we were walking into the club.

*****

Don't get me wrong, I know it seems like I have everything under control but.. I seriously don't.

Every time me and him talk, it feels as if my heart is going to burst out of my chest. I keep racking my mind on how I can even bring this up...

We had been dancing for quite a while, holding each other close, and swaying our hips to the beat of the music. He would occasionally touch me in a way that made my heart flutter and parts of my body.. burn.. This really bothered me, it basically solidified my decision on asking the question.

'He has to like me, even just a little. There is no way he could touch me like that and not-'

I guess I've been zoned out for a few because I was snapped out of it by him putting his hand on mine.

"You good?" He asked sincerely. I let out a small laugh, "yeah, just a little distracted." I suddenly started to feel nervous and jumped up, "How about I get us some drinks, my treat!"

Before he could answer I scurried away and headed towards the 'bar'.

After dodging sweaty and hot bodies I arrive at the 'bar'. I get the bartender's attention and order me and Austin some virgin drinks.

'virgin.. I wonder if-?'

My oh-so-appropriate thought was interrupted.

"Hey, sweeh thang, wanna comb with meh?"

'Eh, what?'