Chapter Thirteen

Right now, the Avengers were all over Stark tower. Tony and Bruce were in Tony's lab, working on something. Clint and Natasha were up in the Tv room, fighting over what to watch. Thor was probably off flexing or working out. Steve was off to finally bring Peter home. It had been weeks.

When Tony got a text from Steve saying they were on their way back, he bolted up to the Tv room, leaving Bruce in his dust. His son was finally coming home. "Everyone meet in the Tv room!" He yelled as he rushed up there.

Once everyone was in the Tv room, they sat in there and talked, excitement brewing inside them. Peter was coming back home.

A few minutes later, they heard a door open and close and everyone went silent. Then, in walked Peter Rogers-Stark. He still had a few stray burns and bruises, but other than that, he was doing alright. Thank the heavens for superhealing abilities.

"Hey," Peter said quietly. He had a small smile on his face. "I'm back."

Tony was the first to stand, Steve already standing. He rushed over to Peter and gave him a huge hug. "Welcome home, Pete."

Peter hugged back quickly.  "It's great to be home."  They pulled Steve into the hug and they all three stood there in each other's arms for a long while.  After they finished hugging, Peter went to the other Avengers, greeting and hugging them.  It had been a long time since they were all together and not in the hospital or nearly dying. 

"Who wants to watch a movie to celebrate Peter's arrival?"  Clint asked, looking at Peter.  People murmured in agreement. 

"I do!"  Peter quickly chimed in.  "I haven't watched a good movie in so long."  He sat on the couch. Steve and Tony sitting beside him.  "What we watching?"

"This is what we were just arguing about," Clint said, motioning over to Natasha.  "She says that we should watch The Impossible.  I say we should watch In The Heart Of The Sea."

"Why don't we let Peter decide?" Natasha suggested, laughing a little.  "Which do you prefer, Pete?  Or neither?"

Peter thought for a moment.  "Hm... they're both great movies, but today I'm gonna have to say Heart Of The Sea."  He looked at Natasha with a smile.  "Sorry, Aunt Natasha."

Natasha shook her head.  "Traitor," she muttered, smiling softly back.  "Guess we're watching Heart Of The Sea." 

And so, they turned on Heart Of The Sea, talking all the while.

"Hey, Tom Holland and Chris Hemsworth look a lot like the two of you," Clint said, looking at Thor and Peter.

"What?"  Thor said, eyebrow arched.  "I don't see it."

"Neither do I?"  Peter said with a laugh.  "I'm definitely more attractive."  He winked playfully, making the adults in the room laugh.

"Sure, Pete," Clint said, rolling his eyes a little. 

They finished the movie late that night.  Peter had dozed off, head on Tony's lap.  The other Avengers were getting ready to leave.

"Someone's tired," Bruce remarked.  He had his coat over one arm and Natasha's arm on the other.

"He's been through a lot," Steve said quietly, looking down at his son.  He looked so peaceful.  "He deserves some rest."

Bruce nodded. They all said their goodbyes and left, leaving Steve, Tony and a sleeping Peter in the now silent Stark Tower. Tony ran a hand through his son's hair mindlessly. He was over the moon. Peter was back.

"He looks so peaceful," Tony said, sighing happily. "I don't want to disturb him by getting up."

Steve nodded. "I've got it." Gently, he picked up Peter, bridal style. Peter stayed asleep, readjusting in Steve's arms. He smiled softly in his sleep, making Steve's heart melt. He carried Peter slowly into his room, Tony walking beside him.

"He's getting a bit big to be carried, isn't he?" Tony said, laughing quietly.

"I don't know," Steve replied with a small shrug. "He's still pretty light."

They got into the room and Steve set Peter gently down on the bed after Tony pulled back the covers. Tony set the covers back over Peter and he and Steve went back to the door. They glanced back at Peter one more time before leaving, closing the door softly behind them. They walked back to the couch and sat down. Tony laid down, his head on Steve's lap.

"My turn," Tony said with a grin.

"Now don't you go and fall asleep on me," Steve laughed.

"And have an excuse for you to carry me?" Tony said with a look of fake confusion on his face. "Never."

Steve smirked softly. He stood up, picking up Tony in the process. He walked to the bedroom, holding Tony bridal style as well. When they arrived in the room, Steve plopped Tony down onto the bed and laid down beside him.

They laid there for a while, laughing, until a question came to Steve. He turned and looked at Tony and asked, "When are you going to tell him?"

Tony sighed softly. "I don't know. Soon. He just got back. I don't want to just... I don't know, spring it on him." He ran a hand absentmindedly through his hair.

"Well you are going to have to tell him soon," Steve said. "He'll find out sooner or later, somehow."

"Yeah, I know." Tony looked at the ceiling. "He's gonna hate me."

Steve shook his head. "He couldn't. Hopefully, he'll understand. He knows we love him and that that's why."

"Hopefully," Tony repeated before turning over.

Steve sighed. He hoped Peter would understand. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry for taking longer to upload, I'm on a trip and don't have much spare time. I just want to thank you all so much for all the positive feedback I've gotten from you guys! It means so much to me. Hope you enjoy this chapter and chapters yet to come!