a trip to work

You woke late the next morning and purred, for the surface you had fallen asleep on was warm and soft. You yawned and blinked lazily.

You were lieing on Bucky's lap. He was still fast asleep, his head had fallen to the side and his mouth was open a bit. He looked cute like this.

You yawned again and then you rose. You were hungry and your muscles cried for a bit of gymanstic. So you stretched and pulled and yawned until your body felt smooth and ready to be used. There was only food missing now.

How to wake Bucky?

You carefully sneaked around him, sniffed at his metal arm and carefully kicked the other one. Nothing happened. You tried yelling a bit. It didn't work. You tried to gently bite him. I didn't work.

Maybe, if you washed him...

You jumped onto Bucky's shoulder and began to brush across his face with your rough tongue. The fact that it was rough didn't bother you at all but as Bucky was missing covering fur it seemed not too nice a feeling for him when you cleaned him.

The man started to shift and groaned unwillingly. This would work. You liked a bit harder to speed things up.

"You stink!" , muttered Bucky and pushed you away with his metal arm.

Pah. You didn't stink! You cleaned yourself more than just once a day. He didn't. You were a lot cleaner than him. So you hissed at him to make him aware of your opinion on this matter.

(It wasn't that he stank, even though he kept cleaning himself to a minimum. It just was that you were a bit pissed.)

"Hush, kitty! Argh..." , he moved his head and it was obvious that it was painful for him. You purred in amusement and satisfaction. This was what he deserved!

Bucky blinked and revealed his blue eyes which actually had a few green sparks in them which you hadn't noticed before. They were beautiful. For human eyes, of course. They were of other magic than cat eyes which where a bit more mystical, still nice.

"You'll stop laughing soon! No food for you today" , threathened Bucky and even though he sounded playful you didn't want to risk anything. So you stopped licking him.

He, of course, made breakfast for the two of you and you ate with great hunger. Then the both of you turned to personal hygiene. Bucky took a bit longer than normal and so you decided to check on him.

The door to the bath room was open, as always. Bucky had decided that you were allowed in every room at any time and so he never closed the doors. You were rather grateful for this for it gave you the chance to roam the flat at night when you were awake and bored. Humans like to sleep at night. Strange creatures.

Night was the time where you got active and wanted to play. It had been the safest time of the day when you had still been living on the streets. There were less cars on the roads and less people on the sidewalks. The little creatures crept out of their tiny holes and were less careful.

Of course there were also dangers out there at night but they were less bad and better to handle with.

Here, in the flat, your sleeping pattern had changed a bit and it would change even more. Bucky had complained that you always woke him so early for he went to be rather late. This had changed since you had moved in. With you being hungry in the morning and showing this through waking him up, he lacked sleep and therefore went to bed earlier.

You just kind of copied his new sleeping pattern. When he was asleep nothing interesting happened. There was no one to pet you or to play with you and so there was no use in being awake at this time.