Track 11

Do you remember?

How you were the first to stay with me.

Detention came.

You strolled into the classroom.

It was 4 in the evening. The sky was slowly losing its bright blue hue.

The class was dimmer than usual.

I flashed up my notebook to you. You took a seat in front of me, leaning your head on my desk.

"I can't believe you were stupid enough to do that. The teacher wasn't gonna forget about me."

You smiled.

"Well, at least you have me during detention." You commented.

I rolled my eyes. Your actions were stupid. We were both now in detention.

The sky was darkening. The chilling breeze of the late afternoon had slipped through the windows. It was quiet again.

I laid my head down upon my arms on the desk, finding myself entranced in yet another dream-like state.

"Are you sleepy?"

Your soft voice came like the evening breeze.

Gentle. Subtle.

I turned my neck, staring half-lidded at the classroom wall.

"You know, I knew you were going to get a detention anyway."

You shuffled in your seat, getting comfortable in your chair.

And when my eyes drooped, your beautiful brown orbs came into my view.

You had laid your head on the desk just as I did, facing me.

You beamed even in the dullness.

I wanted to tell you that your eyes were beautiful. They captured me in every second with you. The gleam wandered within your orbs, never ceasing to stay still.

Your rosy lips parted, muttering your words softly. The thin strands of your black hair quivered against your eyebrows ever so slightly.

When the last rays of the afternoon danced across the windows, the subtle glistening of your porcelain skin had captured all of my attention.

The sound of fluttering leaves outside moulded with your velvety voice as I let my eyelids fall

"I wanted to spend it with you."