Track 23

Do you remember? 

How you were the first to love me.

"Hana!" 

It was still evening that day. Everyone had gone home. Your voice echoed through the school, down the hallways and out into the courtyard. 

I didn't want you to find me. 

The evening breeze sent a chill to my bones. The sore sensation at my nose brought a stream of cold air through my throat. With the warmth of my arms, I buried my head between my knees.

You were bound to find me. You always did.

With a thump against the rooftop door, you rushed in. I buried my head even deeper. Amidst the quietness, I heard your laboured breaths.

I held in my breath, waiting for the suffocating silence pass. Soon, I heard the soft shuffling of your footsteps towards me.

"Hana." your voice reached my ear, strained and coarse. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it."

"I'm sorry if I scared you." your breathing steadied.  "I've hurt you in the heat of the moment and I should know better than this."

It wasn't your fault entirely. My memories hurt me.

I swallowed the lump at my throat, smudging the dried tears on my cheek against my knee.

"But I want you to know that I like being with you, Hana. No matter what others say, I will always like being with you." 

I lifted my head, wishing to seek the sincerity of your words from your expressions.

You crouched there, in front of me. Your steady eyes locked with my wavering ones.

I remembered that firm look in your gaze. You gave me reassurance, and that was all I needed.

"No matter what happens, know that I love you," You added.

I opened my mouth, lips trembling. I was afraid of the foreign noise that would creep up from the depth of my dry throat.

"I do too." I spoke, before pursing my lips together immediately.

I watched your eyes widen, dark brown orbs glistening in the last of the golden evening rays.

You smiled, eyes settling into a gentle arch. Your lush eyelashes, wet from perspiration, were glimmering from my view.

Before long, you reached out, inviting me to take your hand.

I watched your lips move slowly.

In that moment, the world drowned out. Your voice was mellow and clear.

"Let's go home."

Speak |PJMOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara