chapter eleven

Around 2o'clock in the morning my phone started ringing waking me up from sleep,I checked the caller ID and saw it was my mom but why is she calling me this morning I wondered,who died??.then I picked my hands were trembling as I held my phone

"Assalamualaikum umma"i answered scared

"my dear na tashe ki ko sorry,ya zainab just gave birth to twin girls"umma said excitedly

"MashaAllah how is she"

"she's fine though she's having blood transfusion right now"

My heart sank," blood transfusion?i hope she's alright dai,kina asibiti ne"i asked

"yes"

"can I speak to her"

"she's resting my dear,bari in the morning you can call back go to sleep"

"okay inshaaAllah"

I was so excited twins what she has always wanted and girls for that matter I was just a bit scared that she lost some blood.I performed wudu and prayed nafilah prayer and went back to sleep I couldn't wait to tell salma in the morning.

I told salma the good news and she was also excited and scared.we called home early in the morning.I got to talk to ya zainab and thank God she was fine  she was busy teasing me on how she got the twins first.they discharged them in the morning.her husband uncle Abdul was on his way coming to Abuja.I needed to go back and see how my sis and nieces where doing but I had a lot of things to do in school I was just hoping I could make it to the naming ceremony.I called home again to confirm the day of the naming ceremony only to be disappointed I had exam on that day.I can't believe I missed all my nieces and nephew naming ceremony.when I go back home I'll see them cause I heard they'll be staying for a long time.

🔆🔆

Tomorrow will be the last day of our exams I started losing my hair to go and plait to get ready for tomorrow,as I was combing my very thick full black hair dandruff started dropping on my gown then I remembered@nelani alejandrio's book sweet bastard where she detaily explained how the girl in the book's dandruff fell on her black suit like snow flakes.I finished and went to mai kitso cause I don't trust saloons again it's probably one saloon that gave me this dandruff.I walked to the woman's house,it's like a 2minutes walk from our house.entering the house I saw a middle aged woman plating a teenage girl,two other women gisting with the plaiter about God knows what.I said my salama while entering and immediately a younger lady who I hadn't notice sitting there stood up to dust a stool for me to sit down.

"nagode"i told the lady while settling down,she replied with a smile.the ladies had stop their conversation and I started to wonder if my coming here ruined their convo they just sat there giving me weird glances from their side eye,I pretended not to know and I brought out my earphones and shoved it in my ear listened to my music on a lower tune incase.sometimes I pretend not to know how to speak hausa and see who would insult me behind my back.it was my turn to plait,I sat down facing the woman the style I wanted was "hannu biyu" it's another style of plaiting,my face was directly in front of the woman's private part,her wrapper was neatly tucked in between her laps,her laps were very visible with stretch marks on them and so wobbly that it shakes every time she moves,she tucked my head really tight in between her laps removing the earphones I had on.

"Wani style kike so anty"the woman asked me gently combing my hair with her hands

"kiyi mun shuku kawai" I replied her.I got a chance to put my earphones back in my ear and I heard the women talking about how full my hair is.

"wallahi anty nan bata yi famin ba"i heard a lady say I started wondering what famin is till I realized she meant perming

'eh dan Allah anty kina sa mai a kai"the same lady asked me

*I shook my head*

"kai kai ama kina ko da suma wallahi. You have virgin hair kenan" she said with her strong  hausa accent

"Yeah"i  smiled back

I finished making my hair and went back home to get ready for my last paper,prepare my stuffs and head back home,I just couldn't wait to see my new babies.

❤❤