chapter fifteen

I was going out for lunch and I'm pretty excited and also nervous.I prefer going out in the afternoon cause in the night it's a no no my dad will skin me alive.I started deciding on what to wear cause I didn't want to over dress to our first date.I wore a pencilled white skirt with a nude lace top and a black kimono,rolled my veil and applied my usual make up kohl powder and a little lipstick.we got to the restaurant and I was shook, it's the same restaurant yusuf brought me too when he broke up with me.I sat there in the car starring at the window lost in my own thoughts......

     *Flash back*
"I'm going out with yusuf he's asked me to meet him at .I got dressed nicely and left.I met him there already dressed in a polo shirt and jeans with a gucci baseball cap.he waved as he saw me entering and pulled the chair out for me to sit.he began talking and I thought maybe he would ask me to marry him.

"*clears throat*  faiza you're a very beautiful,respectful,sweet lady and any man would be willing to spend the rest of their lives with you but I've found someone better and...."wait what I cut him short

"what are you trying you say I I  don't understand you I stuttered"

"faiza I'm sorry but your not just the one for me" he said

"Wow! So you brought me to this restaurant to break up with me,ok so am a foodie that you think you can pay off with food right?

"that's not it I just didn't want you to feel bad".  I was losing it already this guy is out of his mind

"you know what I've just realised I also wasted my time with you come to think of it you're just a loser with no future plans!".  He looked shocked when I said that,I waved my hand signalling the waiter to come I ordered 5 different dishes on the menu and being it an expensive restaurant the food surely is expensive.I told the waiter yusuf was paying.the waiter brought the dishes well packed to go.I grabbed my purse from the table held the bags in both hands and stormed out leaving yusuf stunned.walking out I felt like an actor that achieved victory even though deep down I felt hurt.but then I wondered what I will do with 5 different dishes as I raised the bags staring at it like why did I order these but one mind was happy that I wasted his money"

*END OF FLASH BACK*

"faiza! Faiza!"sufyan brought me out of my thoughts

"Yes"

"are you okay?you've been staring at the window for a while now"he turned to me

"I'm sorry I'm fine let's go in" I gave a faint smile

We sat on our table ready to order,our waiter kept on giving me strange glances while handing me my menu his fingers brushed lightly against mine.I just let it slide,we ordered he brought our food for us and sufyan had noticed what was going on.

"Back off man as you can see she's taken"he said through gritted teeth

"whatever dude,it's not like she's even pretty"the guy smirked eyeing me from head to toe

"Oh really well let me show you how pretty she really is"he said with clenched fists

"ooh you think am scared,let's run it"the waiter guy said
I shook my head telling him to let it go.

We ate quietly and the only sound you could hear was the faint music playing in the restaurant,then suddenly my stomach started pinching me it couldn't be my ulcer am sure of it I'm eating right now and I ate also before coming out. My mind went to my period but I shrugged it off.I quickly checked my phone, opened my period diary app then the words hit me...
PERIOD DUE TODAY I could feel beads of sweat on my face even with the AC in the building I was still sweating.all I could say in my mind was oh Allah what will I do now,why does it have to be today of all days how did I even forget ,worst of all I wore a white skirt today too.I started figuring out what to do,I thought about leaving through the restroom window but it will be rude,I could feel my skirt getting wet already the longer I sat down.I excused myself to use the restroom,I stood up in a rush as I called  salma  on my way to come and save me and it was to no avail...