chapter twenty two

** one year**

Marriage is a life time commitment to live with someone forever and to adapt with thier good or bad habits and understand one another..we we're married for a year and Alhamdullilah we we're doing fine tho we had our ups and downs sometimes we solved them no matter what.it's been a year since we got married we didn't have any child or children we both decided to take everything slow even tho pressure was always coming from both our families,always the same question why are you not pregnant? I want to carry my grandchildren,what are you guys waiting for?bla bla the pressure was just getting too much the answer we always gave to them was "Allah bai kawo ba"..

Sufyan and i laid on the bed his arms draped over my body as my body touched his through the silky night gown i wore.we were sleeping peacefully when his phone started ringing suddenly.he removed his arms slowy from mine as  he got up to answer the phone i got up with sleepy eyes as i sat up straight on the bed,he suddenly tightened his grip on his phone as he replied
"Ok I'll let her know"

I sat up properly when i heard what he said as negative thoughts ran through my mind..

"Babe umm it's abba ur dad he was admitted not long ago at the hospital"he said as he spat his words one after the other.i got up instantly and threw a long hijab on myself i grabbed the car keys from the dresser and passed it to him,the drive to hospital was odly slow i kept thinking to myself i can't remember abba being sick or was he sick and umma just refused to tell us i cleared my mind and started making dua's silently.we finally arrived i rushed to the room he was in i walked so fast that i forgot i came with my husband.i got to the door and i was scared to open it i stood there staring at it blankly while i held the handle.sufyan came from behind and held my hand in his as he pushed the door open i saw my mom and sister sitting on the bed praying i turned to my right i saw my dad laying on the bed with an oxygen mask on his face as he struggled to say something i felt hot tears rolling down my cheeks,i wiped them off quickly i moved closer to him and held his hands resting my head on his hands.my sister came to me to console me and we ended up crying together.the doctor later came in and asked us to leave.we all stepped outside leaving my mom behind.we sat on the waiting chairs outside anxiously few minutes later the doctor came out and just like a movie he told us Abba has gone back to his creator.with shaky legs i walked into the room my mother sat on the floor looking lifeless ya zainab ran to her side immidetly with tears in her eyes shaking our mom vigorously to make her return back to her consciousness. i saw our dad lying face up with a blanket over his face.my head started spinning immidetly everywhere turned blurry and dark the next thing i felt was my elbow hitting the hospital bed.

✨✨
I woke up with a throbbing headache i looked around and noticed i was in the hospital wearing an hospital gown,then i suddenly remembered that i lost my dad,he was gone gone forever we wouldn't see him ever again i recalled all the good and bad memories we had together,the last conversation i had with my dad was after my wedding when i had come to visit and he held my hand telling me how proud he was that 2 of his daughters are graduates and happily married and even though he was to die he can at least die in peace.i didn't really take his words seriously i thought it was a normal everyday father to daughter talk. i started crying my eyes out,there was nothing i could do he was gone already all he need now is prayers.i seeked comfort but i was alone in the room.i cuddled my pillow while i muffled quietly.sufyan came in giving me a small reassuring smile i fell into his arms crying as i soaked his white jallabiya...

"He has finally been laid to rest"he spoke up in a calm tone

"I want to go home"i told him

So i decided to write a sad chapter today..Don't forget to vote comment and share..may all the souls of departed rest in peace😞🙏