chapter nineteen

I woke up with this huge wave of happiness washing over me.I was happy that i'm finally on baba's good side and today is salma's wedding fatihah and dinner.I took my bath in a hurry,dressed up and applied light makeup,I fixed my scarf in front of the mirror before heading out without even having breakfast.I grabbed my car keys and drove off.the house was packed with people,to find a parking spot was the hardest.I removed my flats and held them in my hands cause you can't trust people in gidan biki someone will wear your shoe and that's it it's gone.the living room was packed with people,scents of perfumes and food filled the air,empty bottles of water lying on the floor.I tip toed inside trying not to step on anyone.I went inside and salma was sitting on the edge of her bed pressing her phone with a towel tied around her chest.I snatched the phone from her hand when I got in.

"hey"she yelled

"Am not the bride but am already dressed"i said making myself comfortable on the bed.
"i've been asking her to dress up since she refused thank God you're here" a girl dressed in the same attire as I chiped in

Finally she got up and dressed up wearing a orange and blue lace gown with a matching veil,her make up artist touched up her face lightly and the veil was draped over her head.the camera man came in and took pictures of the bride alone,then we took lots of pictures with her.I was lying on the bed busy with my phone when,a little girl of about 10 rushed in shouting..
"Ance in gaya muku wai an daura"
All the ladies in the room started shouting cheerfully,some were shouting amariya amariya salma was already red like an over ripe tomatoes.

Alhamdullilah it was a successful reception the only prayer was to have a blessed marriage.
I went back home feeling very exhausted I threw my bag and keys on the floor,laying flat on my bed I thought to myself salma is now married she's committed for life now,she's no more a single lady like us.I prayed in mind that I pray my day would come too,I felt my eyes begin to water I pinched my eyes hard to prevent the tears.

🌻🌻🌻

I woke up very early the next day did all my necessary chores and sat down in the living room watching "keeping up with the Kardashians" on E channel I was paying too much attention that I hadn't realize when ismail my cousin came in,ismail is one of my favourite and closest cousin we were are of the same age only that he's older than me with seven months but he still likes to tell people he's older than me with a year,presently he was doing his masters in medicine in India..I was busy enjoying my show when he shouted..
"Boo!!making me jump in fear and almost throwing the remote on the floor

"God ismail what is wrong with you"i shouted trying to compose myself

"Where was your mind when i entered??

"ever heard of salama ?i asked rolling my eyes

"i said it twice,but u were busy watching this nonsense you call reality show"

"hey! don't insult the dash sisters"

"i didn't i just don't know what you see in them"
*i shrugged*

I forced him to watch three more episodes with me and he just sat down there without saying a word until he snatched the remote from me and changed the channel to super sport,then i realised how boring it was to watch something u don't want to.
"So gist me,what's popping??he asked me sipping the Orange juice i kept on the stool for him

"Champagne"i replied as I started laughing

"ha ha very funny"

"sorry sorry I tried to control my laughter,I'm just here Wallahi and abba saw me with sufyan yesterday and he said he should send his elders"i told him smiling

"oh mashaAllah am happy for you, I hope it's not any how guy you're bringing for us"he laughed as he completed his sentence

"Haba No and thank you"i replied with a smile

Later after ismail had left i went to my room to read just to wail away time but it wasn't working I was paying zero attention to the book,my mom suddenly came in and sat on my bed saying she wants to discuss with me,I rested the book on my laps to listen I sat on the bed adjusting the scarf on my head.

"Umma ya dai" I said,sometimes I like being informal with my mom

"your dad told me that he asked your boyfriend to come with his elders,so who is he? She asked me while adjusting her weight on the chair

"Err well his name is sufyan and he's an architect,he umm..I was short on words

"his parents? she asked

"his dad is late but his mom is alive and he's the first born I added

"okay,so tell him that your parents would like to speak to him this evening.

"okay umma insha Allah"

"Allah ya sa mafi alkhairi" she said before getting up to leave

In the evening sufyan was already here,he was dressed nicely in an ash material kaftan,he sat nervously on the chair waiting for my parents to come,as I came to drop a tray of water for him he immediately drank a whole glass,he looked too nervous like someone going for an interview with the president.i went to kitchen to hide so I could hear and see every thing that will happen,my parents had stepped out and he immediately stood up to greet them whilst bending down,they concluded their greeting and umma motioned for him to get up.Abba cleared his throat as he began to talk.A lot of questions were asked and he answered them gently, at times if he was tensed I would raise him a thumbs up from where I stood and he would smile and continue his discussion,umma had noticed that he was constantly staring at the kitchen door she turned to look and I immediately  hid behind the door to avoid getting caught after a very long discussion they were finally done Abba stood up with a smile and shook his hands, he bade my mom goodbye as they stood up to leave,umma came to the kitchen and pushed me out telling me to escort him outside.I wore my slippers and followed him out..

So beautiful people I changed the name from key to my jannah to MY WORLD I hope y'all like the new name don't forget to vote,comments and share❤❤