18

We arrived after a long journey through the rocky Forrest. The carriage came to halt and Blake literally stormed out of it without giving the horse handler a chance to open the door. I just sighed and followed after him.

" Welcome back your highnesses ! The palace wasn't the same without you both. I hope you had an excellent time and service there" came The voice of Jared ; his court. Or simply his right hand man.

I saw something odd at the way Blake's behaviour changed instantly at those words. It seemed as though he almost flinched. I caught on to why he felt that way though. That one week was nothing but hell and I'm guessing Jared wasn't informed about my turmoil. I resented him but didn't say anything because my pride was too high.

" Thank you Jared", Blake spoke after a awkward while. I smiled at him to show my gratitude that he was thinking about me and him. I faintly smiled to myself when I saw him blush. I always suspected he took a liking to me because he was always so polite to me unlike the others.

Jared started rambling about kingship duties and other issues that were arising. I just walked quickly behind them as they were talking. We went inside the palace and guess who was near the door to greet us. His dad. My stomach turned instantly. I always felt weary of the way he flirted with me openly and was a bit touchy during the wedding. But it all made sense now. His dad was a sexual predator who sexually abused his child.

" Hello my son" he said.

" Good evening to you too father", Blake spoke emotionless.

There was an awakes long pause before his dad disregarded Blake and turned his attention on to me.

" Brianna I hope you enjoyed the house because it's now a present from my wife and me to you and Blake. It's a space where you can do the shameful and be shameless " he smirked. He then proceed to wink at me and I smiled a fake smile and thanked him for the 'perfect wedding present'.

He was starting to creep me out more than I thought.

Oddly Blake picked up on it and predicted that his father give us time to unpack and settle back down before getting back to our duties.

" Father Brianna and me are tired and need time to rest", he said coldly. His dad took a step forward and uttered some inaudible words that made Blake tense. I started to feel worried now because Blake yanked my arm and stormed off with me taking along. A short while we ended up in our bedroom. He shut the door with a loud thud. He let go of my hand and I watched him helplessly as he brushed his hair back with his and frustratingly.

"Are you alrig-" I tried to speak when he cut me off.

" Shut up Brianna-" he said as he started to pace around the room. His anger was flaring up again and I knew nothing good can come of this. I started to inch closer to the door and try to slip out without heing notice but he knew what I was doing and got annoyed.

" Did I ask you to leave!" He resorted.

I tensed and looked back at him. I bit my tongue but like always my mouth spoke before my brain could process it.

" Well I know your dad said something to agitate you but I'm trying to be the bigger person and give you space to cool down. We are both a pair of hot heads and we don't mix together when we get angry" I said.

He remained silent for a few seconds and then ushered me out with his hand. I walked out and closed the door behind but didn't walk away. My body wouldn't move from the front of the door. I listened in.

Suddenly I was taken back by an agonising cry coming through the door. Blake was crying once more. My soul quivered at his painful mixture of crying and groaning. It sounded like was trying to stop himself from crying but it just couldn't stay buried.

I felt remorse for Blake for the first time. My mind just saw him as a young child in a scary predicament. The physical and emotional turmoil must of shattered him completely . He defiantly understood what I went through. But I just didn't understand why he did what he did to me.

I finally heard him sniffle and finish crying. I'd don't want him to know he was crying again so I sprinted to the bathroom that was opposite our room and close the door gently. But I didn't fully close it because I wanted to see if Blake was going to come out. When he appeared he looked intently at the bathroom. I think he thought I was raves dropping. But he just shook his head and walked in the direction to the dining hall.

I sighed with relief and followed after in a few moments later.

That evening we had dinner which consisted of seafood and assorted salads. His dad was present along with his wife and Jared . He sat opposite me because the pervert he is he requested it. I obliged but the expression on Blake's face was sinister and full of anger. I could sense the tension between them two so I decided to start a light conversation about how nice of him and his wife to give us the country house. After a while we were all chatting and some of us laughing here and there.

Suddenly I felt a foot caress up my thigh. I tended and looked up from my plate to see his dad smirking at me. I smiled awkwardly and shuffled away but he was quick to block my legs. Blake was in next to me and saw my change in my mood. I couldn't take it and resorted to a quick plan to get me out of this dinner.

" My love do you mind assisting me to my chambers as I am coming under the weather". I prayed he wouldn't embarrass me and insult me in front of everyone but he too must for felt uncomfortable because he stood up and helped me out of my chair; even though I could do it.

We both thanked everyone for their hospitality and left the dinning hall. We both walked down the dimly hall in silence until I reached our 'marital' room. I looked back at him to see if he was going to come in. I was praying deep down he wasn't and it paid of becuase he decided to sleep in the spare room.

But before he went he stopped me dead in my tracks. He grabbed my hand and spoke in the most softest tone I've ever heard him speak in.

" Thanks"

I honestly didn't know for what but didn't  want to be around him for that long.

I smiled awkwardly and said.

" No problem"

Then he walked off to his room and me to mines.

Thankfully.