25

After long hours of sleep my body became sore and I found myself laying awake in bed next to Blake. I didn't want to wake him so I just waited silently. I looked around the room , it was honestly beautiful and full of mahogany  colours. The room was not as cluttered as mine and it looked as though someone noble and worthy of power owned it. Tsk ! The irony in that sentence was evident.

I foundry believe it was only five months I've been married. It felt centuries from all that has happened. I listened outside to the chirping of the birds and the soft blowing of the winds as they russled the trees. The sun shone through the blowing curtains and instantly the soft warmth of its rays kissed my skin. I shivered underneath it's warmth as I embraced it with all I got. I must of been in my own world because I didn't notice Blake's eyes watching me.

" Morning?" He said.

I slightly jumped and his deep voice let out a soft chuckle. I instantly got those flustering feelings in my stomach again.

" Morning" I smiled faintly.

" Well as much I want to be in bed all day I'm afraid we have to go to my father's funeral. And before you protest there's already suspicion about his sudden death. So speak to no one without my presence you understand ?" He interrogated me.

I simply nodded and got out of bed before I said something and we got into a fight. I was certainly not going to confide in Blake ever again. He is simply a fucking fool if he thinks that now his dad is out of the picture I become the obedient wife his mother was. And just like that my heart sunk when I thought of his mother and how she was feeling. I groaned in frustration as I sat on the edge of the bed; my back to Blake.

" Are you alright" he said.

I turned around and gave him a glare that would shred his soul into pieces. " Fuck sake Blake you always have to ruin everything! Now your poor mother is left without a husband. God damn it" I bemoaned before standing up wobbly and storming out of his room. I walked the halls of the palace until I found his mother at her chambers sat in a rocking chair. She was staring out of the window and for a moment I thought she was dead. But when she heard the the creaking of the floor she turned around.

" U-umm sorry your majesty I could come back another time?" I stuttered. She smiled and brushed it off and ushered me inside. I sat near her on a leg rest and looked at her with so much pity and coincidently her eyes were puffy from her presumably crying.

" I'm so sorry for your loss I admired his courage to run this countr-" but before I could finish the fake condolences. She touched my hand and looked at me dead in the eyes.

" My dear don't play games with me , you and me both knew he was a cold sadistic man and I'm so grateful he went before me. He needs no sympathy. Oh and these tears are tears of happiness" she said with a soft chuckle. I was lost for words and sat there trying to say something because I honestly didn't trust her words. I didn't know whether it was a trap for me to reveal all that has happened or why here she was sincere with her words.

I smiled and got up to leave.

I didn't know where I was heading because all these emotions I was feeling were clouding my common sense. Well stupidly I ended up in Blake's room again. He was sat on his bed putting on his shoes when he saw me standing there. I looked normal from the outside but in the inside I was there but not really there. My state of mind was fucked up. Help! My mind screamed.

I hadn't noticed that Blake was falling my name out to get my attention. I zoned out when I felt a pair of hands touch my shoulder. I jumped a little and saw him looking at me with a concerned look. He asked if I was alright and I dismissed it and said I was fine. I decided to excuse myself to get ready for the funeral. 

A few hours later we were both ready along with his mum. We all ate breakfast in silence and said nothing to each other on the way to the church. The service was small as not many were fond of the King. Served him right for his disgusting character. Blake apparently insisted that his death not be investigated like previous Kings  for any foul play. But Blake somehow convinced them otherwise. His words along the lines of  'the pain was immeasurable for our family to bear so please spare us any more grieve and let my father rest in peace'. Pfft! He was a crazy fool.

We arrived home for the wake and to no surprise there were only the 'sketchy' associates of his dad trying to work their ways into the family again. How I know this might you ask? Well I got ears for a reason and gossip traveled fast but discretely. Maids don't only do domestic work. Their mouths also bare a lot of secrets of this palace.

A couple more hours of pure bullshit and people gathered to go home. I was exhausted from the amount of times I had to catch myself from slipping. I bit my tongue and pretended to be devastated.  The whole night I could see Blake was giving me glances and smiling at me in a non menacing way. I continued to ignore it but my body was being a little shit and betraying me. I know damn well he hurt me but he was going to be elected the next King so I had to find a way to tolerate him. Stupid huh! Yep you are right.

That night a weight has lifted of my shoulders and I was beginning to think that there were more where that came from because Blake came over to me as I was chatting to his mother. He looked radiant and happier something that was going to be useful for me when I eventually get him to confess where Suha is.

His mother looked at us with a weary glance.

"Both of you are pretending you don't need anyone but I can see right through both of you clearly. I can see you want to hold each other dearly. Let this be a lesson for you Blake. Your father was a monster and you have the opportunity to change your ways and treat this woman with care.

Blake stood there gobsmacked and unable to find the words to rebuttal his mother. But she cut in and continued to get very serious with her words.

And before you think I am some old lady I have ears and eyes and she doesn't look happy. Change your ways!" She raged before she stormed off.  Blake was confused at her sudden outburst but I couldn't hold it in and laughed stupidly. It was the first time I let out a crackling laughter . His facial expression also changed and a few seconds later he laughed hysterically.

In between laughing Blake couldn't stop mocking my laugh. "Brianna my dear you sound like a seal".

I just responded by laughing even more.

That night we stayed up and sniggered like loves struck teenagers. I hoped we could be like this forever.