II

March 2016

"Hey Kicker," The guard banged on my cell, "Your lawyer,"

I didn't bother getting up as I heard the doors open and Mr Reinfield entering the room

"Why do they call you kicker Regina?" He asks looking at me whilst I still on the basically wooden bed.

"Because I kick when I feel attacked."

"When did you feel attacked?" He probes

"When the stupid Inez girl tried to come for me again," I respond pulling my body up to look at my lawyer in his face, "You know everyone here was on Finn's payroll, why else am I stuck doing 8 years for a guy who I was defending myself against?"

"I just talked to a judge, we can cut that to 3."

"What?" I almost couldn't contain my excitement. He smiled aswell really happy with the job he did.

"A girl, Olivia, changed her statement, said Finn treated you like shit and you had to kill him or you would've died that night."

I frown, the same Olivia that said he made my life easier, gave me somewhere to go away from my parents, Olivia?

"So why am I still here? They know it was self defence,"

His smile faltered, "Everyone's on Finn's payroll remember? They still wanna keep you on manslaughter."

"They can't move me to juvie at least?"

"That's not gonna happen, Regina. I'm sorry."

"What's the catch?" Even that massive jump from 8 to 3 can't all be down to one persons changed statement.

"You gotta get out on good behaviour, otherwise there's no deal."

I slump back on to the hard bed, "It's so fucking stupid, Donny." I mutter, "You know they're just going to throw me back into solitary for not even doing anything."

"You gotta keep a level head," he tells me. "They're bringing you a cell mate, around your age, keep her out of trouble and you'll get out of here quick."

September 2018

There was a collective silence on the table since I sat down on it, no one seemed to want to talk.

Caleb seemed pretty content in finishing his food and everyone else was trying not to make contact but the girl who was sending me death glares.

"Is there a problem?" I question out loud, directing it to the girl who was glaring at me but she allowed someone else to speak for her.

"You see the problem is the chair isn't meant for you,"

"And you are?"

"Oh, Paulette Richie." She introduces, "Kayla here," she gestures to the glaring girl next to her, "Is just wondering what Caleb is playing at."

"And as usual, he doesn't have to answer you." Jude fills in, "But on a more interesting note, where have you been?" I raise my eyebrow at him, "Oh don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, you can't just fall out the sky looking like that so where has Ethan been hiding you?"

Rainview Prison?

"I'm supposed to answer that question just cause you wanna know?" I ask

"Actually we'd all like to know." Kayla finally pipes up, "Do you know Caleb somehow?"

"Never met him before in my life." I mutter looking at the boy next to me who couldn't look more disinterested

"So why are you sitting in that seat?" She questions, "Come on, it's not unknown that Caleb has his little flings, are you one of them? You kinda do look like those sleazy girls."