XXI

September 2016

"How did this happen to my client?" Mr Reinfield questions the guard that was instructed to sit in on our meeting because apparently, I'm not entitled to client confidentiality anymore.

"I do not know what you're talking about sir." The guard defelects, "I was not the guard on duty when it happened."

"Just know that when I talk to the commissioner next week I will have both your job and the guards who have let this happen." Reinfield continues, "And I will be increasing my visits to every week to ensure that she stays in good health. If I hear or see another hair in the wrong place, your family will not have anything to eat for years, do you understand?"

The guard nods but gives me a death glare as is if it my fault.

"Now get out before I call the commissioner on the phone and tell them you're depriving my client of her rights." 

The guard looked like he was going to argue but thought against it instead leaving the room but I know he was not far away listening.

"Turn around and pull your shirt down." Mr Reinfield instructed and I did as he said which let him take photos of the nasty gash on my body which did not get the proper care. 

Afterwards, we both sat down at the tables and looked at each other for a while. "You do not have to come here everyweek."

He shook his head, "Someone needs to be able to put these people in check, they do not have the authority to use their power over 16 year old girls."

"You're going to make it worse for me and bambi."

"Hmm, the Thalia Wilibe they put in your room?" I nod, "They do this to her too?"

"Yes and it's my fault. They hate me and everyone who associates with me."

He hums in acknowledgement, "I'll speak to your parents about added her to my client list."

"No you dont need to ask them. If it is a matter of payment I have a trust fund that you can have any sum of when I turn 18." I promise and he raises his eyebrow at me

"I'm not taking money from a minor, Regina." He tells me, "And I was going to add her regardless." I nod my head grateful, he pulls out his paper and pen, "Okay now tell me what they did to you this month."

*

November 2018

Caleb and I haven't spoken for the whole weekend. Usually he would call or text me just to see how I am and he hasn't which shows me he's really mad. I decided against messaging him to give him the space he wanted, when I was with Finn he would suffocate me or just plain threaten me so I wouldn't ever be able to be angry at him. Everything about me and Caleb is the total opposite of Finn and I do not want to be the toxic one in this - I dont even know what we are.

I went the whole day so far not seeing Caleb at school but now it's lunch and I dont even feel comfortable sitting in my usual seat when we havent spoken. However, Kayla is looking for any way to crack me and I'm never going to let that happen.

I sit down in my usual seat but unusually Caleb isn't where he is supposed to be. Looking around I try to place him which should be easy considering the fact that he's a giant but I can't place him.

"He didn't come to school today." Vivian fills in for me and I nod my head slowly, well that makes sense why I haven't seen him all day

"Shouldn't you know that?" Paulette questions me with a sly smile which already makes me think something is going on