XVI

August 2016

I smile at Ethan as I slid into the seat across from him. He beamed in response and grabbed the phone to talk to me.

"Your hair is shorter." He comments and I nod my head a little, I had to cut it so I could fight better.

"How you doing E?"

"Well things in school is getting better." He replies, "I finally have a group of friends I can talk to."

He seems happy, the last time I saw him he was crying hysterically and I couldn't touch him to make it better.

"I'm glad, Ethan but remember, your family is all you have, so I hope you're telling mom and dad where you're going at night."

He rolled his eyes, "Duh, you know they don't let you out otherwise."

Well I still found my way out so he could too but I don't want to patronise him any further. He's the good one. He would never end up where I am.

"Mom cried after you called." He tells me, "She was so happy she called Tiffany, her new best friend, and told her."

"Tiffany?" I ask

"Yeah she has a daughter in jail as well, she's the mom of the guy I was telling you about in Richmond high that's been helping me out." He informs me, "I don't know the whole story but for some reason they can't talk to her or come visit. Real sad. But you know, now mom has someone to talk to about all of this."

I hum in response, "Well you know I would love for you guys to visit more but that can't happen."

He nods his head and darts his eyes to the guards that's literally breathing down my neck, I blink once in response which he knows means yes.

"Wrap it up Kicker." The guards says and I sigh before saying my goodbyes to a reluctant Ethan.

Usually I would argue about how it's been less than five minutes when we're guaranteed 30 but I can't afford any more run-ins with these crazy people.

I have too much at stake

*
October 2018

"Are we getting in or what?" I ask as we come across Vivian's indoor pool on our walk around her house.

We'd spent the time just talking about everything and I can't help but feel at ease with Caleb, like I can talk to him about anything.

"I'm down if you are." He shrugs and I grin putting my drink down and turning around telling him to unzip me, he doesn't mention anything about the large scar on my back which I'm grateful for.

I hold the front of the catsuit to my chest and turn back to him, "Alright get in and turn around."

"Oh so I don't get a show?" He comments whilst taking off his shoes and his trousers.

I roll my eyes but don't say anything till he's in and turns around like I told him to. Getting this catsuit off was harder than I expected considering that it's literally so tight to my skin.

"You still there?" Caleb speaks and I reply with a yes before finally pulling the suit off both my legs and throwing it behind me where it landed near the entrance before getting in.

"You can turn around now."

He follows my orders and smiles at me a little, "Well since we're in here we've got to have a race."

We spent the next few minutes messing around in the pool and I'm glad he didn't do anything stupid like dunk my head in the water cause it'll have just ruined the vibe.