XIV

August 2016

"Hello?"

I nearly broke down hearing my mother's voice. She sounds so weak and drained and I feel the tears forming in my eyes

"Mom, it's Regina."

I hear her take a gasp in and calls for my dad. "Baby, thank you so much for calling us. Ethan's at school but I'm sure he'll be happy to know you called."

I nod my head, "I'm sorry I haven't called. I just didn't want to make you upset and-"

"You made us upset by not calling Gigi." Dad says, "Please try to call every month or so, just so we know you're okay."

"We don't have long with the phone's so if it cuts off you know why." They made a sound of understanding, "How are you guys?"

"We're fine love," Mom replies, "How are you? Donny says he's working on everything which I can't say over the phone but I trust that you're looking after yourself?"

"Of course. I have a roommate aswell which I'm sure Donny told you about. She's real nice and younger than me so I'm protecting her." I inform them

"Well that's awfully nice of you." My mom starts and I look to see Inez making her way towards me.

"Yeah, Mom I'll see you soon. Love you." I cut the phone before she could say anything.

"Next time, don't use my phone." Inez states as I put the phone down. "You don't have phone privileges."

I can't fight back because I can't go to solitary anymore. So I just nod my head and walk around her

***
October 2018

The word of what I did to get into jail had subsided.
Sure people still looked at me with fear and I knew that was never going to stop.

However, it was time to start the revenge plot.

Kayla continued calling me a murder which is an upgrade from jailbait but I know it was just to keep it fresh in everyone's mind what I did.

If people did have questions, they were too scared to voice them. Instead they just stay away.

"What are we doing for Halloween?" Paulette asks the table before turning to look at me, "You're not included by the way."

I wanted to laugh. Paulette has been getting a lot more confident recently. I think it's to do with those lip fillers she got, she got bigger lips and it gave her a bigger mouth to chat rubbish.

"If she's not going, I'm not going." Ethan voiced once again making all the juniors look dejected since they can't come either.

"She's coming." Quinton states, "Paulette has no power to issue who goes where." He reminds her before smiling coyly, "She's higher up in the hierarchy than you love."

The hierarchy was something that I think helped make the news of my jail sentence better. They were all forced to look up to me, whether they're scared or not.

"Which reminds me," Kayla starts, "When are we going to change that little mistake?" She asks the table but I know it's more directed at Caleb, "We sure as hell can't have a murder in the hierarchy, our reputation is going to go to shit."

I smile a little before picking up my phone and sending the ammo I had stored in my files to the whole school. "Talking about reputations," I retort as the ring from everyone's phone is heard, "You might want to check your phone."

I heard a gasp from someone in the cafeteria as others on the table picked up their phone and saw the pictures of Kayla doing the trench coat drop.