XIII

August 2016

The guards here are filth.
They openly stare at the women here and they've always pried on me since I'm younger.

"Bound to be good pussy." I heard one of them say a few times.

I'm surprised they haven't dragged me out of my cell and raped me like they've done with the other inmates.

Every time I'm in solitary, I'm scared they're going to come for either me or Bambi. But I guess Inez does her job and keeps them satisfied.

"You've got 10 minutes with your lawyer, Kicker," One of them huffed as they took off my handcuffs and locked the door behind me.

"Why haven't you been writing back to your family, Regina?" Mr Reinfield asks as I come and sit in front of him on the round metal table that's screwed to the floor

"I know that's not what you came here for." I reply and he looks at me for a second before sighing.

"The sentence has been successfully cut down to 2, the judge said it's better for you to at least get some sort of education and high school experience."

I couldn't keep the smile off my face, "Oh thank God."

"You're welcome." He says, "You can't keep going into solitary, however."

"That's not up to me. Inez and those guards are so buddy buddy that all she has to do is fuck them right for me to end up in there." I whisper and his lips fall into a thin line, "Is there anything that's been sorted on that front?"

"I've talked to the superior officers assistant and I'm booked in for a month today. I have enough evidence to have them replaced and Inez charged for assault but it'll take time." I nod my head slowly as he continues, "You know even if we prove the malpractice, it'll have to go to court which can take a while to even get in front of a judge. It might not get sorted fully and effectively until you've served your time."

I can live with Inez and all of the guards, I just need something in place for Bambi for when I go. "That's fine." I reply

He nods his head and picks up his brief case, "Call your family, Regina. They miss you."

***

October 2018

"Kicker?"

I pause. Only people from prison call me Kicker. I try to think back to who's been released since I'd been there but my brain couldn't think of anything so I just turned around.

"Amy?" I reply getting up

Amy Forre was at the prison for a few months when I first got admitted. She help hold off Inez and taught me how to fight properly before she left. being only 21, she was the closest in age to me and I'm forever grateful she took me under her wing.

"What are you doing here?" I ask whilst hugging her, "I thought you were going to go to New York and get away?"

She sighed as she pulled away from the hug, "You know this life always seems to find a way to pull you back. Matteo made sure I never got on any plane. It's okay though because I moved out and got a job here."

Matteo was her boyfriend who happened to run a major drug trafficking company. He is Finn on steroids. I found the easy way out of Finn's life but Matteo is still alive and kicking ready to never let Amy go.

"Anyway," she replies, "You look well, I take it you were able to put Inez in her place?" I nod my head in response and Amy's eyes dart to the people behind me, "Oh, who are these people?"