I Washed Her Hugged Away.

Niall POV

"Niall Andrews?" I stand up and give Jane a tight smile, "Hey, Jane. It's been a while."

Before me and Jada started having sex on a regular, I was dating Jane, we were dating since our junior year in high school and I broke up with a year or two after we graduated. She gives me a hug and I warily give her a hug back. The reason I don't want to see Jane again is that she's not all the way there. If you know what I mean.

When I broke up with her, she took it way worse than I expected. She crashed my car, she trashed my house, she trashed my office, and she threatened Brit. During all of that, she begged me to take her back.

I sit down and she sits down beside me, "I didn't know you had kids. How many?" I clear my throat and look back over at the swings, "I don't have any kids." She brushes her hair out of her face, "Oh, so you're just sitting here then?"

I shrug my right shoulder, "You can say that." She hits my arm and shows me a smile, "I can't believe it's really you. I've missed you. That's my son over there, the one by the woman on the swings." She points to a young boy on a swing beside Haven.

I stand up and clear my throat for the second time in under thirty seconds, "It was nice seeing you again." She waves as I walk off, "Wait, let me give you my number. We can hang out sometime." She takes out a piece of paper and writes her number down. She hands me the paper and I put it in my pocket.

I look down to make sure Bean is beside me as I walk over to the swings. "Don't worry, I'm not following you. I'm just going to push my son." I let out a humorless laugh and inwardly groan to myself. I wish I was in my bed with an annoying monkey stealing snacks.

"You want me to push you?" I ask Haven as I walk up to her, "Push?" I nod my head and laugh, "Yes, push. You can be up high like them if I push. All you have to do is swing your legs back and forth." I get behind her and lightly push her. Rafiki runs and jumps on her lap, "You have a puppy and a monkey?"

I look at Jane and nod my head, "Yeah, we only went to get us a puppy, but I saw him and decided to get him also."

"How long have y'all been dating?" All her questions are really starting to irritate me. How many questions has she even asked? She probably only asked me three, but it seems like she asked me over twenty questions. "No, I'm taking care of her."

I push Haven a little harder, so she can go up higher. She laughs as she goes up higher. Suddenly she stops herself and gets off. She points at the swing and looks at me, "Your turn." I shake my head and laugh, "Uh-uh. I'm too big for you to be pushing me."

Of course, she starts pouting and I look around and notice a swing for two. "Come on, let's get on the tire swing. I can get up there with you." She looks behind her to see what a tire swing is and grab my hand. She pulls me towards the tire swing and I laugh, "Why didn't you ask for help when you were on the slide?"

We get on the tire swing and I rock back and forth to get us moving. "You get tired of me. I wanted to do something without bothering you." I poke her side and she squeals, "I'm never tired of you, so stop thinking that." She puts her forehead on mine and laughs, "Can we do something?"

I move my forehead against hers and smile, "What do you want to do?" She bites her lip and my eyes widen. Please don't tell me she wants to kiss me. I don't think I would be able to reject her, because I'm too scared I might hurt her feelings. "I want to make homemade pizza."

My heart slows down, "Pizza? You want to make homemade pizza?" She moves away from me and nods her head with a smile, "Yes." I can't believe I thought she would want to kiss me. Why would I think that?