Why Was She So Scared?

Niall POV

Haven cried herself to sleep after telling her story. Since she was a baby, she was going through the same routine every day for twenty-one years. I cover Haven up and sit down beside her sleeping body. "I'm sorry you went through all of that."

I run my fingers through her hair and she groans in her sleep. I hear the front door open and head downstairs. "Niall!! I'm not drunk!!" Rylee yells out to me as she is being carried by Jay, "Me and Ty will be back down. He's putting Kylie to bed right now."

I go to the living room and sit down on the couch with a heavy sigh. "Haven still didn't tell me why she ran off. I don't want to ask her after she just told me her story."

"Talking to yourself, are we?" Ty says with a half smile on his face. "More of thinking out loud. Y'all had fun?" He nods his head, "Yeah, the girls and Adam got drunk. Me and Jay stayed sober to make sure you were alright." Jay comes down and sits down beside Ty.

"Nothing's going on between me and Haven, you know that right? She said she had something in her eye." I run my fingers through my hair, "What were you two talking about in the car for a whole hour?" He sucks in a breath and shakes his head, "I still can't tell you that?" I roll my eyes, "Why the secrecy? Why can't you tell me?" He shrugs his shoulders and laughs, "I don't know, Haven doesn't want me to say anything."

I roll my eyes and groan, "She told me what she remembered from the past. He called himself daddy." Ty scrunches up his face and I groan, "I'm getting really annoyed right now." I say as I stand up to get us all a drink, "We only know that he's around here. Haven was running and she wasn't just running for nothing. She saw something or someone."

All of a sudden Haven comes in, "What's wrong? Had a bad dream?" She shakes her head and sits beside me, "You weren't there." She sits down beside me and I pull her into my lap. She puts her face in between my neck and shoulder, seconds later she instantly falls asleep.

"I don't think I'm going to be able to hold back." They both give me a confused look, "When we find him, I'm going to do more than just break his nose. He's either going to be dead or he's going to wish he's dead." I stand up with Haven in my arms, "I'm going to bed. See y'all in the morning."

Jay POV

Niall walks upstairs and I look at Ty, "What do you think about Haven and Niall?" He shrugs his shoulders, "Niall cares for Haven more than a caregiver should. I feel like he has feelings for her, but I don't know. Haven only wants Niall and nobody else." I nod my head in agreement, "Yeah, you're right about that. What happens if Niall finds someone else? What will happen with Haven? I'm just thinking of the worse, it's a low chance that Niall will find someone else."

Ty clears his throat, "I feel like he doesn't want to admit to his feelings because he doesn't want to feel like he's taking advantage of her." I show him a half smile, "It will all work out eventually. So, how long have you and Kylie been dating?" He lets out a soft laugh, "We just started dating, but we've been on a lot of dates. What about you and Rylee?" I shrug my shoulders, "Same. Although we fight over something petty every day."

I stand up and stretch, "Hopefully Niall will catch on to his feelings towards Haven." We head to our rooms, "Hopefully. I'll see you in the morning. Night."

"Night."

Next Morning

"My head is banging." I look over at Rylee, "You did drink a whole bottle to yourself." She rolls her eyes as she walks to the bathroom.

I walk downstairs and see Niall cooking breakfast. Haven looks at me and smiles, "He liked his gift." I smile at her and Niall laughs, "Why are you cooking on your birthday?" He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know, but you all will be cooking me dinner." I sit down beside Haven, "I'm not going to complain since it's your birthday."