Chapter 4 - The Nine Auspicious Omens

It's the evening, but the sky is bright! The birds are flying in a formation towards the house, and once they fly near the house, the birds are separating from the formation and start doing their best to poop on people's head for some odd reason. That's not all! I see the grass swaying in synchronization? Are the grasses are dancing?

The servants started shrieking as the grasses were not dancing, but that numerous garden snakes were crawling out from the garden! The snakes circled around the house and stood still around the gate as if they were guards. Some of the braver servants picked up their brooms to use as weapons against the snakes in an attempt to chase them away but then the birds started attacking the servants with their poop and they started scampering around the yard.

It's an amazing sight to behold. the birds protecting the snakes and sending the people into a frenzy. It is also lucky that there are no poisonous snakes around or things would be really bad.

Outside the gate, a carriage with 2 white horses soon arrived and parked at the side. The midwife who was invited to help with the delivery of the baby hastily walked out of the carriage, she greeted Shang Jian Rui along the way with a nod and hastily went into the bedroom. My father is panicking at this point and he can no longer do anything but walk back and forth outside.

It then started raining lightly and butterflies flew out of the garden and soon, a visible rainbow appeared in the sky above the delivery room.

It was a spectacular, messy sight, but also somewhat disgusting since the birds that were pooping all over the place and never seemed to run out of poop.

Also don't forget the numerous servants who were running in and out of my mother's bedroom to bring fresh hot water which created a chaotic scene and also the yelling and screaming coming out from the people inside the bedroom.

I cannot but give my approval to everyone for doing their part without messing up in this chaotic scene. Even the TV producers would find it difficult to recreate such an event without a huge budget for CGI to mimic everything that is happening right now.

Thinking back towards all the unnatural events that have occurred, I soon realized that these are all great auspicious omens! There are seven auspicious omens happening in the same place and this can only mean that a person of great destiny is about to be born!

Recalling the words that God said when I met him, it was obvious he sent me here to suffer! Yet I was born into a powerful ancient family with deep roots that even the royal family couldn't shake without great planning!

My previous scenario of how my sufferings would come from the hands of cultivators seemed to be completely wrong right now! All of my sufferings should start from the birth of my sibling and would eventually help to mould him or her into a great person! Not to mention that his or her life would be at constant risk if the enemies of the Shang Family ever learns of what happened during their birth. My parents and me could also potentially be at risk as we could be used to threaten my sibling!

I feel depressed as It seems like I am not the main character!

As Shang Jian Rui was stunned by all the events that were happening, five old men whom I've never seen before flew into the courtyard. The elder flying slightly ahead let out a burst of air and scattered the birds, snakes and butterflies away. He landed at the gate and walked towards my father slowly.

"Jian Rui, is your wife giving birth now?" He asked casually.

Shang Jian Rui clasps his hands to make a greeting and made a slight bow.