Chapter 70-75

Chapter 70 – Almost a Decade

Far away from the capital, lie six great mountains. The top of all of these mountains that pierce through the clouds has been shaved cleanly as if a sword had smoothly chopped off the peaks of these mountains.

However, only five of these mountains have people living on them.

These five mountains are where the five immortal sects are located, and they stand on top of the Empire as if they are the heavens and the empire is the mortal world.

They live peacefully with each other, as each and every sect has an important part to play in the protection of the continent. They view the continent as their property, and will not allow the greedy hands of other powers to stretch into what they see as theirs.

The empire army is too weak to fend off these invaders and too weak to pose a threat to the sects. They like it this way and want to keep it this way.

On the Yin Feng Mountain, the Qing Yu sect is located here. The Ying Feng Mountain is a beautiful place where the flowers bloom all year round and never wither. Fog covers the mountain all year long and the sect has strengthened the fog with an illusion formation, so uninvited guests who enter will never leave.

On one of the highest peaks that looks artificially created, a beautiful girl who has a long sword on her waist is looking towards the direction of the capital longingly.

"It has been almost a decade...When are you coming to bring me home?" she mutters and her beautiful soft voice can be heard if you try your best to listen.

She sighs as she looks up into the sky and starts practising her swordplay. Each and every move of the swordplay is exquisite and beautiful as if she was dancing. Sometimes she kicks off into the air and cuts the air with her sword.

She is practising the Jade Maiden Swordplay. This swordplay was created by one of the leaders of the Qing Yu sect but was never popular as it requires a pure heart to master it.

"Ah, Sister Yue is practising the Jade Maiden Swordplay again! It looks so beautiful when she practises it..." one of the young girls says with envy as she looks at the beautiful girl flying around in the sky.

...

A few minutes later, as she is finished practising the swordplay, another young and charming voice calls out to her as she slowly and gently floats back onto the top of the mountain.

"Sister Yue! I've brought breakfast for us!" A young looking girl, who has sharp features and is exceptionally beautiful, skips towards Sister Yue. She is Shang Da Ji. When she first joined the Qing Yu sect, life was hard for her. None of the other sisters doted of her and instead were envious of her looks. She was quickly ostracized and did not do much besides cultivation.

She slowly locked herself in her room and did nothing but cultivate. She had been forced to learn that the world was not a nice place. People who fawned on you wanted something from you. While the other people who did not would hate you for no reason.

This was until Ying Yue was brought to the Qing Yu sect. She was a treasure in every sense of the word. Ying Yue already had a master, a very powerful master and she was beautiful. Everyone wanted to be her friend. Da Ji hated her! Ying Yue was everything that she was supposed to be!

When she heard that her fiance was someone from the Shang family, she hatched a plan and use her identity as a daughter of the Shang family to get close to her. It worked wonderfully. The innocent, stupid and dumb Ying Yue accepted Da Ji as a friend and helped her join the disciplinary hall. From that moment on, Da Ji regained everything she lost.