chapter 106-109 (vol 1 end)

Chapter 106 – Ling Family Estate

I walked slowly with my men behind me. it was a weird procession because all of my men were wearing old and dirty clothes. It wouldn't be wrong to call them beggars according to the way they dressed. The only ones who are wearing clean clothes are Meng Xiu Feng and me.

It didn't take long to reach the Ling family estate. They had expanded aggressively and their estate occupies a large portion of the city. At their main door, the main door is closed and there are two guards standing outside.

"HALT! We don't allow beggars to enter the Ling family's estate!!" one of the guards shouted rudely.

"There is a dog hole at the side. Since you are coming to pay respects to your patriarch, you should enter the estate through that hole." The other guard pointed at a small hole to the side and smiles wickedly.

I smile at their provocation. They obviously know why we are here and they are out to humiliate us. It seems like they have never imagined that I would kill their messenger and come to kill them all.

"Heh...heheh..." I softly laugh at how their arrogance has blinded their judgment.

"Why are you laughing? Have you gone crazy?" The guard asks but I ignore him.

With a step, I appear next to him and throw a punch at his head. The guard's head is smashed against the wall gruesomely, and his brains are all over the door behind him.

"AHHHHH" the other guard falls backwards and screams in fear. He crawls backwards in fear.

*Blehhgggrr*

One of my men behind me starts vomiting and I take a glance at him and say, "Those who vomit will clean it up later."

That person's face turns blue immediately and he starts vomiting again. He must be imaging himself cleaning it up right now.

"Are you waiting for the Ling family to serve you dinner? Kill the other guard as well!" I start scolding the men behind me.

Without saying anything else, the few men who are standing in front start running towards the guard who is crawling away with all his might and stomp him to death with their feet. I feel like being stomped into a meat patty is a much more gruesome death than being punched so hard that your brains splatter all over the wall, but nobody vomited...

Anyway, it's time to enter the Ling family estate. I slowly walk towards the big door and with a kick, the door shakes loudly.

"It didn't break?" I mutter in shock.

Meng Xiu Feng chuckled and said, "Grandson, if doors could be kicked open so easily, nobody would feel safe in the Empire. The more powerful the family is, the better the material their door would be made of."

I hear some people shouting behind the door, which is not surprising since they must have heard me kicking the door. Regardless, I have decided to enter the Ling family's estate with a big bang!

I gather more qi in my leg and deliver a much more powerful kick this time.

*BANG*

The huge wooden door is sent flying several hundred metres this time.

It feels superb, watching the door flying backwards and I smile at Meng Xiu Feng.

Meng Xiu Feng just shakes his head and mutters softly, "Still so childish. What a waste of qi when he knows clearly that he's going to fight soon..."

He muttered softly, but Meng Xiu Feng is aware that I would be able to hear. It is clear that he is doing this on purpose and he must be the "tough love" kind of father. No wonder why my mother constantly feels as if she has disappointed her father.