Chapter 11 - A New Wish

After Di Xin's actions, everyone just stared at me and moved further away from me. Since Di Xin has already passed the tests and has been invited to join the Heavenly Palace Sect, he can now be considered to be someone from the immortal sects and nobody wanted to offend him by showing the tiniest bit of goodwill.

Da Ji didn't even give me a second glance after everything was over and went back to chat with her seniors whom she now addresses intimately as sisters. I felt really crappy and really depressed. I should have been the main character of this lunch, but everything fell apart because I failed the test.

The food already felt bland and tasteless and after what Di Xin's did to me. I had completely lost all of my appetite so I left the dining hall to avoid the stares and snickers from those around me.

Feeling terrible, I just walked around and after loitering around for ten minutes or so, I realised I was lost. My face started feeling sticky so I looked for a place to wash my face and found a stream nearby.

I decided to use the water from the stream to wash my face. There was nothing I could do about my clothes being wet from the drinks that splashed on it.

*splash* *splash*

I wash my hair and my face. As I open my eyes, I see a little girl looking at me. I say little but she should be around my age, maybe five or six years old. Her face was really close to mine.

"Ah!" I shout.

I fall back on my butt in shock.

[Beep!]

"Hi! Are you one of the people here to join the disciple selection of the immortal sects?" she asks.

[Host, A new wish has been obtained!]

"What is it like cultivation? Is the feeling of absorbing Qi nice? Can you fly? Do you know any martial arts?" she continues asking without pause.

The system and the girl's sweet voice overlaps and her unceasing questions render me confused. Still on my butt, I move back to give myself some space, but she inches forward every time I move backwards.

"Do you have any secret techniques? Have you created your own martial arts? If you cannot fly, can you jump really high? What does it feel like when you are high up in the sky?" she continues asking questions without letting me answer or say anything.

"Stop! Stop stop stop!" I say in a raised voice.

"Stop asking me so many questions and let me answer them one by one...but who are you?"

At the time same, I ask the system, (System, what is the new wish that is obtained?)

[Beep!]

[Please open the list of wishes to view the acquired wish.]

(View list of wishes!)

"My name is Ying Yue! Big brother can call me Yue-er!" the little girl energetically replies in a cheerful tone.

[Beep!]

[List of uncompleted wishes:

1 – Shang Shi – Get Rich.

2 – Shang Jian Rui – For children to grow up healthy

3 – Meng Zhi Rou – For Shang Shi to be Healthy

4 – Ying Yue - To cultivate.]

(Ying Yue? Her wish is to cultivate?)

I move my head to the side a little and show a curious expression and ask Ying Yue "You don't know how to cultivate?"